dude, you are starting to piss me off :laughing:

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I went on a Colt M16 A1 parts buying spree! Way over budget and I don't care, lol. This is going to be a sweet rifle, I have all parts now and the build is about to start.

Picked up an all original G.I. issue M16 A1 stock set, it's the trap door version which is correct for my H stamped Colt upper, this is an early 70's production rifle. The stock set is almost perfect, just needs a little cleanup. Night and day difference between the original and the repro stocks, the original feels solid, balanced and made to fight a war and last a lifetime.
    AIGb6sb.jpg

You can get an oil bottle and a few things in the butt stock compartment, the composite material is visible inside.
    YpWO9vp.jpg

Grip shows the correct mottled finish of the M16 A1.

4fmHFBS.jpg

Original Colt M16 A1 full birdcage flash hider. This early flash hider would kick up dust in sandy or dry conditions due to having a full open cage, it was revised with the A2 to have the bottom enclosed as we see today on all modern AR's.

UM3o2bA.jpg

Once I get a few things sent off for anodizing I'll start up a build thread in the rifle section. Or should I leave the upper finished as is? Maybe weather the receiver to match? Thinking about it.

pJcXpHO.jpg

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    I went on a Colt M16 A1 parts buying spree! Way over budget and I don't care, lol. This is going to be a sweet rifle, I have all parts now and the build is about to start.

Picked up an all original G.I. issue M16 A1 stock set, it's the trap door version which is correct for my H stamped Colt upper, this is an early 70's production rifle. The stock set is almost perfect, just needs a little cleanup. Night and day difference between the original and the repro stocks, the original feels solid, balanced and made to fight a war and last a lifetime.
    AIGb6sb.jpg

You can get an oil bottle and a few things in the butt stock compartment, the composite material is visible inside.
    YpWO9vp.jpg

4fmHFBS.jpg

Original Colt M16 A1 full birdcage flash hider. This early flash hider would kick up dust in sandy or dry conditions due to having a full open cage, it was revised with the A2 to have the bottom enclosed as we see today on all modern AR's.

UM3o2bA.jpg

Once I get a few things sent off for anodizing I'll start up a build thread in the rifle section. Or should I leave the upper finished as is? Maybe weather the receiver to match? Thinking about it.

pJcXpHO.jpg
    Very nice, well done.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

AIGb6sb.jpg

YpWO9vp.jpg

4fmHFBS.jpg

UM3o2bA.jpg

pJcXpHO.jpg

I dig it, well done! I'd leave the upper alone myself.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I dig it, well done! I'd leave the upper alone myself.

I think that's what I'll do then, a few of the parts still need to be anodized in the XM gray color like the trigger guard and the charging handle. I think I'll test out some weathering on the inside of the receiver to see if I can give it that experienced look.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A gentleman came in today and asked if I wanted to buy some old ammo.....I said lets see what you've got....

He brought in crates of old shotgun ammo....and some other misc...ammo.....bought it all....

Started digging through the crates and here is a few of the good things I've found so far....

237 rounds of 30-06 tracer...head stamped 1942...........

20200904_194421.jpg

200 rounds of primo LC 30-06...........

20200904_194715.jpg

500 rounds Venezuelan 7mm Mauser
    20200904_194959.jpg

Several 20 round boxes of vintage .45 acp.............

20200904_194835.jpg

10......... 25 lb bags of lead shot..............

20200904_195639.jpg

Several sets of head space gauges.....

427 rounds of 30-06 black tip AP........head stamped 1943

Will go through the rest of the crates/boxes tomorrow...............

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Received a front sight for my Mossberg Chuckster in 22 WMR. Also received 400 rounds (2 different shipments of 200 rds. ea.) over the past couple of days and received 200 rounds of Prvi Partisan 165 gr 308 WIN SP ammo. Bought some 38 Spl at Academy and some more at Atwoods. Got some shotgun shells too for small game hunting.

Bought a hex driver at Homer's two days ago to finish my PSA lower, not gotten around to it yet. Also bought two sets of hex keys, though I brought mine from NY but I'll be damned if I could find them when I need them (now that I have the new sets, the old ones will turn up in my tool box right where they should have been - I think that's due to elves or gnomes or grinches or goblins or whatever.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Those can still be found for the Gen 2 PMags. Gen 3 PMags are more expensive. Of course for something other than black, you'll also pay more. $15 doesn't sound out of bounds.
    Actually, I find it very reasonable since most stores are around $20 or more. Fortunately my guns haven't discriminated between Gen 2 and Gen 3 that I can tell.

Top Bottom