Capitol Armory ad

What happens when you forget to tighten cam sprocket bolts...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You get a nifty trophy like this.

422537_367406826620125_100000524322167_1329928_1400565884_n.jpg

All I get when someone screws up is to fix the problem...
    DK Firearms

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The final drive gears of the M548 don't like to run dry.

Dope heads on the assembly line forgot to wrap thread sealant around the drain plugs.

Brand new combat vehicles ordered under Reagan's massive defense build-up were rendered inoperable by shoddy work on the home front.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What car?
    How many miles?
    Total repair hours/cost?

It's an old Mercedes 300E. It's got 150+ to be sure, but I don't remember exactly. Total hours and cost? Don't know. It's the guy that owns the place who gets to worry about that! I should be getting paid about 16 hours for fixing this screwup.

Interference motor. Toyota engine?

Better: Mercedes! LOL!! It's bad when you do it to a Toyota. It's REALLY bad when you do it to a Mercedes. Luckily only 3 valves hit out of 12. I put new guides on the bent valves since the bottom ends of those guides were loose as heck.

The final drive gears of the M548 don't like to run dry.

Dope heads on the assembly line forgot to wrap thread sealant around the drain plugs.

Brand new combat vehicles ordered under Reagan's massive defense build-up were rendered inoperable by shoddy work on the home front.

Ouch. Final drive gears on just about ANYTHING don't like to run dry it seems.

We just went through a thing where a transmission shop up the street brought us a Volvo for all kinds of stuff wrong that the customer was blaming them for. Some of it wasn't their fault, but some of it was. The installer didn't realize that the flex plate bolts need to have sealant on them because they don't just screw into the crankshaft, they go through it. And then I tried to explain that he should be replacing those bolts anyway, since they're torque to yield and he needs to use a torque wrench to install them and I'm getting a blank look...

Wound up having to take my torque wrench over and put brand new bolts in that flex plate for him, just to make sure he wouldn't screw it up.

Top Bottom