Patriot Mobile

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Ok now, hold up. What motor did you stick in that thing? Is the same German motor?
    Car came stock with a 5.4L supercharged V8. Originally stated at like 480hp was the fastest 4 door sedan of 2003 (first production year).

For a car that started life as 70K+ auto they are a bargan at the sub 15K mark. I paid 11,500 with 94 thousand on the clock. With a pulley and a tune they are a blast to drive and have over 500 to the crank.

In typical German car fashion, they require quality maintenance with good parts and the constant thought that it will zap a thousand dollars if you don't talk nice.

I can cheat by in that I work at the MB dealership so I have access to parts at cost, the full special tool catalog and the fact that I have been working on them for 18 years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    In typical German car fashion, they require quality maintenance with good parts and the constant thought that it will zap a thousand dollars if you don't talk nice.
    This is 100% why I cannot bring myself to buy foreign, especially German cars. Even during the warranty period, I have better things to do with my time than to be in and out of the dealership for frequent "routine" service. I'll keep driving my Chevy that only needs service in the off chance something breaks.

I honestly fail to understand how it can be a "quality" car if it requires that much attention to keep from shitting the bed.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I haven't done anything, but I did go to MonsterJam yesterday. Same as last year, I get home and start looking at lift components lol.

Now I want to step up to 8" and 38s on 16s. I always try to steer clear of trends. Even my current 20s are classic 8-hole style

I do still aspire to get s bigger turbo/sticks/fuel and run a 12.99 or better on big tires. But that's not a minimum $5k and guaranteed transmission destroyer
    f53cd8fcdc0dc140c32d20c3e7c6a34f.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I haven't done anything, but I did go to MonsterJam yesterday. Same as last year, I get home and start looking at lift components lol.

Now I want to step up to 8" and 38s on 16s. I always try to steer clear of trends. Even my current 20s are classic 8-hole style

I do still aspire to get s bigger turbo/sticks/fuel and run a 12.99 or better on big tires. But that's not a minimum $5k and guaranteed transmission destroyer View attachment 131172

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    You ever seen a dirt road?

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Obviously need to get you out my way.
    After a good trip, you'll find clods in the driveway a year later.
    yeah I don't know any actual spots. I used to just hit the construction zones but there are houses there now. My fronts are getting down there too, and procomps arent aggressive to begin with. I'm just a pussy and afraid I'd get stuck

Sent from my SIG Sauer

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    yeah I don't know any actual spots. I used to just hit the construction zones but there are houses there now. My fronts are getting down there too, and procomps arent aggressive to begin with. I'm just a ***** and afraid I'd get stuck

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    That’s half the fun.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    When I had my Toyo MTS I had to work to get stuck; leaving it in 2wd till rear tire buried to the rim(16) and then putting it in 4lo and walking out. Good Times, I miss that truck!
    c9861e8cb0c2ca5b14f6b606141741b8.jpg
    e7b8165ecd608a2926cc1fe84bcf0a28.jpg

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I've been known to take the long way home every now and again..

not lately though. Between my front tires wearing down and me being a puss, and the grueling clean-up, it's been awhile. View attachment 131174 View attachment 131175

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Another "Boulevard Cruiser" only dirt is in a construction zone. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Car came stock with a 5.4L supercharged V8. Originally stated at like 480hp was the fastest 4 door sedan of 2003 (first production year).

For a car that started life as 70K+ auto they are a bargan at the sub 15K mark. I paid 11,500 with 94 thousand on the clock. With a pulley and a tune they are a blast to drive and have over 500 to the crank.

I can cheat by in that I work at the MB dealership so I have access to parts at cost, the full special tool catalog and the fact that I have been working on them for 18 years.

There's a gentleman here that hasn't checked in in an awhile that swapped out an Audi power plant with a Chevy LSX. Nitro fueled, Ford 9" rear end. It's a plain 4 door sedan in black. The only thing that'd make it plainer' would be a "Baby on Board" sign.

I'd like to see one these German cars scoot. Everything around here is $500 Honda civics with a 2.2liter out of the Honda preludes. With decent tires up front. The little crap boxes can pull a 12 second 1/4 mile with nothing more but an engine swap. Then there's the newer Honda accords with turbos. The rest is loud muffler Mustangs with an exhaust note that sounds exactly like, 'Give me a ticket because you can hear me hotdog it from three miles away".

I'm surprised TGT doesn't have a car and or a truck club.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There was never any indication that car existed, at least in his garage. Houston has a pretty live car scene, and I was pretty well uh "involved" with the LSX scene specifically, and I never heard about that car anywhere but here. To be clear - I don't believe it exists.

There IS one LS swapped Audi A4 I'm aware of that actually made it to the running stage (nowhere near Houston), and many other projects that were abandoned.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There's a gentleman here that hasn't checked in in an awhile that swapped out an Audi power plant with a Chevy LSX. Nitro fueled, Ford 9" rear end. It's a plain 4 door sedan in black. The only thing that'd make it plainer' would be a "Baby on Board" sign.

I'd like to see one these German cars scoot. Everything around here is $500 Honda civics with a 2.2liter out of the Honda preludes. With decent tires up front. The little crap boxes can pull a 12 second 1/4 mile with nothing more but an engine swap. Then there's the newer Honda accords with turbos. The rest is loud muffler Mustangs with an exhaust note that sounds exactly like, 'Give me a ticket because you can hear me hotdog it from three miles away".

I'm surprised TGT doesn't have a car and or a truck club.
    If you are referring to Alex, you won't be hearing from him.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Another "Boulevard Cruiser" only dirt is in a construction zone. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.
    to be fair, I only wheeled during or after a good storm.

my main desire with this truck is torque and hp. But I do love the look of a big lifted truck. Far from a mall crawler, but I wouldn't consider myself an avid wheeler.

Ultimately I'd love to run a 12.99 on the biggest tire I can source. From what I can tell, if I downsize to a 16" rim, it limits me to the p-metric equivalent of a 38x14 (385/70r16) in a toyo. Interco makes some 40s but then that defeats the purpose of having streetable power.

I have spoken to a guy with a turbo/fuel combo that I have my eye on, and he ran a 12.93 on 40s. So it's attainable. He got bit by the race bug pretty hard and ended up removing the lift and I think lowering the truck

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Working on this feller. Currently has long tubes and a tune. I am planning on pulling the blower off it to install a new pulley, injectors, meth injection and a larger throttle body. Planning on over 500 hp/tq at the wheels. I am actually going to do some real road tuning at the Texas mile in Victoria next month. Not sure on MPH but I should be well over 150. View attachment 130997

gotta love the w211 AMGs. although those long tubes are grossly overpriced.

Awesome bang for the buck right now. The CTS-V is tons faster for a lot less mod money, but right now the purchase price is still sky-high.

Would love to get my hands on a w211 355 wagon.

When I did some transfers with you last year I remember talking about the w202 n/a e55 swap... that'd be another fun little sedan.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom