Patriot Mobile

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Put some new shoes on my girl. Nice mud tread should have me covered for hunting season.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Harbor freight has them in different thicknesses. 4mil, 9 mil...

My cheap a$$ has been fighting not to spend $15. Considering how much a mess a greasy sticky chain is. Ill swing by there and buy some dang gloves.

They have a different ones. First time buying the thicker ones last week, and I like them alot. Not one has torn.

Got to protect my sissy office boy hands.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I usually use the mechanics gloves if I think Ill tear my hands up or make a mess with finger prints. Those you can wash as long as you don't get them crazy dirty. I have a few pair laying around the garage. Since chain lube is sticky-sticky stuff and will end up places like ink from a busted fountain pen. Plus it has a funky smell. It's disposable gloves to the rescue this time.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well I cheated on my truck again. But I didn’t mean too.

Had to go to Allen today; the car Hertz gave me was an 18 Silverado LT 4x4

Not impressed at all; less ground clearance than my FX2; inside, it seemed a more car-like seating position with knees above my hips and a roof that was damn near claustrophobic.

Power seemed ok, but it kept telling me that first it was a V8, then it was a V4, then it was a V8.

It’s not like I care how Chevy’s identify, but to be so indecisive and then, to have to be all in my face about it; I mean really.

Just reconfirmed GM is still on my spreadsheet and my top 3 remains Ford and Ram.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    There’s a device that plugs into your OBDII port that disables V4 mode. It’s called Range AFM and it’s about $200 on Amazon.

Chebbie forums are all about them.

I use one because I don’t like the hesitation i feel when the truck is changing modes. I’d rather delete the hardware but I’ve got a lotta years left on my warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    There’s a device that plugs into your OBDII port that disables V4 mode. It’s called Range AFM and it’s about $200 on Amazon.

Chebbie forums are all about them.

I use one because I don’t like the hesitation i feel when the truck is changing modes. I’d rather delete the hardware but I’ve got a lotta years left on my warranty.

Interesting that you have to pay a 3d party to get half the cylinders to work full time.

GM must be a Democrat or from California.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I steal all my gloves from the doctor.

Leave me in a room waiting for an hour and I get bored. No stone unturned.

Of course I don't wear bitch mittens so I have a pretty good stockpile.

When I started painting cars I didn't wear gloves. Playing with lacquer thinner and paint gave my hands deep cracks filled with different colors. Being single at the time that was unacceptable.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The Honda was set up last night. It's parked under the hoist. I have the new sprocket on the kitchen table. The chain tool next to it. With both sitting on top of the new chain.

Here in a bit. I'll be taking apart a motorcycle with 500miles. Brand new factory bolts. Robot assembled, communist slave tended to.

For the only reason of lowering the torque curve. Being better able in getting ahead/out the way of Killeen traffic.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Mystery of life.

Why is every nut on this chain tool, Standard? 9/16, 5/8, and a 11/16? I know the tool was made overseas. Where's the 14mm, 15mm, and the 16mm or 17mm?

I had to dig out the standard stuff. It's official, this tool is the only completely Standard thing on the whole property.

They probably did it to play up to Harley fans. Even though they're a mix of standard and metric.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Got my tires, shocks, coilovers and upper control arms installed.

I no longer need to slow down for dips, speed bumps or crappy roads.

Tires are surprisingly quiet for an MT.

946fad5a9cb773d7f007523c8c48dd91.jpg

53414a687e5f30398ab8acefd85a3f7a.jpg

d6f96b421dded3ca980f4721b9046a59.jpg

412a4be0d1ab2d44046759e195974a2a.jpg

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    In Texas? Sure. Whatever the computer says, goes pretty much. His kits are so clean when installed, they look like factory so they really wouldn't raise eyebrows to most inspectors. Stating they are for "off road use only" covers his butt legally.

Rick is up in Wichita Falls, small outfit, mostly custom work.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    The Honda was set up last night. It's parked under the hoist. I have the new sprocket on the kitchen table. The chain tool next to it. With both sitting on top of the new chain.

Here in a bit. I'll be taking apart a motorcycle with 500miles. Brand new factory bolts. Robot assembled, communist slave tended to.

For the only reason of lowering the torque curve. Being better able in getting ahead/out the way of Killeen traffic.
    Wheelies are easier too :green:

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Got my tires, shocks, coilovers and upper control arms installed.

I no longer need to slow down for dips, speed bumps or crappy roads.

Tires are surprisingly quiet for an MT.

View attachment 150045

View attachment 150046

View attachment 150047

View attachment 150048

I'm really digging those King shocks, I'd like to put a set on the Rubicon when lift time comes, but damn I dont want to sell a kidney to get them...lol. probably go with some Bilstein 5100 instead.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Wheelies are easier too :green:

Now it's a hell of lot smoother taking off from a dead still. Before, it took more throttle and more slippage on the clutch.

Now, it'll take off with barely any throttle and you can practically dump the clutch. You can feel more torque changing gears too.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    It's amazing the difference a sprocket can make. I've always done modest up grades to the bikes I've had. Usually, exhaust, filter, ignition advancer & sprocket. Of course it did help back then, that I was working in a bike shop & got parts at cost & had all the tools at my finger tips.

Top Bottom