Capitol Armory ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I decided against the 14 tooth. It showed up today. My Spider Sense is telling me not to do it.

All types of things swayed my decision. The amount contact points per revolution, top mph, cruising RPM. Plus all around, a 14t will be significantly more wear.

The biggest factor is Honda don't make a 14 tooth and the factory sprocket is rubber dampened. Aftermarket sprockets are solid.

Then there's the chain. It's at the max for distance. Max enough for my tastes.

If I'm going to gear it lower with a 525 chain. Ill go up two more teeth on the rear to 47t. With a 120 link, it'll suck the wheel in. Closer to the middle adjustment of what Honda calls the middle.

Received a noticed I ordered another neon red rock light and a license plate light.

When I first made the fender delete. I didn't account for the space a DOT cert license plate would take up.

I gotta remake the whole thing. Then one currently on the bike is scrap. Version #2 will blow it away anyhow.

The extra rock light is going under the seat area. One single light underneath isn't cutting it. I want it overpowering the tail light. Ill take pictures when I install the second light.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It finally happened. I knew it would.

I spilled the bike. Scratched the muffler outlet cover. Scratched the right crank case cover. Bar end and the right hand lever. Bent the rear brake lever.

The crank case cover and timing plug cover cost a combined $60 bucks and I honestly do not care. Screw it. Unless I grind it down to where it leaks oil. Screw it.

I was getting seriously tired of a pristine bike. Oh No, something is gonna get scratched. Well it's scratched and I feel like a had a kid. It's over and done with.

Now the bike looks like I use it. Now it's a low stress situation. If I scratch the left cover, Ill get both covers and paint them a different color then the factory bronze looking stuff.

Wish me luck on the left side.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    It finally happened. I knew it would.

I spilled the bike. Scratched the muffler outlet cover. Scratched the right crank case cover. Bar end and the right hand lever. Bent the rear brake lever.

The crank case cover and timing plug cover cost a combined $60 bucks and I honestly do not care. Screw it. Unless I grind it down to where it leaks oil. Screw it.

I was getting seriously tired of a pristine bike. Oh No, something is gonna get scratched. Well it's scratched and I feel like a had a kid. It's over and done with.

Now the bike looks like I use it. Now it's a low stress situation. If I scratch the left cover, Ill get both covers and paint them a different color then the factory bronze looking stuff.

Wish me luck on the left side.
    Don't hurt yourself.
    I know getting that 1st ding out of the way will loosen a guy up.
    Stay sharp.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I got my CB100r used. It had been at least dropped on the right side. The muffler, engine case and bar end were scratched. I was able to fix the engine case with a sharpie... I hate brand new stuff. Hell, I done even like to keep mine washed sparkly clean. That is what driving in the rain is for.

When I had my CFR250L I got new I dropped that like 2 weeks after getting it driving on the sidewalk at work. I proceeded to go down twice more on that thi g.

Glad you are ok.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Ill take some pictures tomorrow morning when I wake her up. She's closed up in the garage.

Now I know why aftermarket exhaust has springs holding the muffler on the header. The bracket on the muffler is soft steel. The outside cone...cover...whatever it's called is easily replaceable.

My $35 Amazon ASV lever was worth the money. It didn't break. I dropped the previous Suzuki and an inch of lever popped off. For some reason they design it to do that $hit.

spuds015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    I got the new engine mounted and the transmission stabbed in. Next I need to install the transfer cases and weld in the transfer case mounting brackets.
    832d64cafe30757a4d977eb38b380527.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Not my vehicle per say but saw this on my trailer.

I knew this trailer wouldn't last forever but figured I could run it for a few years anyways. Nine months later.......

Gotta go see how good the warranty is.

The other side looks like it isn't far behind.

Might be time to upgrade to the trailer I know will last for double the price.
    345c2e42d7ccb4abecc56a3bb1d1937a.jpg
    5fe259879e9c2158eec62788f12c72b4.jpg

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I dented a $421 gas tank. Noticed it after the fact. F'ing handlebar control hit the tank.

Ain't that some shit. GM Chrysler on a stick.

Phuck you Murphy. Phuck you real bad. You could've left me alone but of course not....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I have switch gears. I keep forgetting there's a 2015 SS/RS convertible in the garage.

It's getting jacked up so I can see what'll it take to remove the exhaust starting at the end of the catalytic converters. I wanna install two turn downs. It'd be open header if it wasn't for the converters. They soften the rubble like glass packs anyhow. Should be perfect...and loud.

I wanna hear this engine opened up.

Really hoping I don't have to unbolt anything but exhaust hangers. The turn downs have to be hung. No letting the headers support it all. That's asking for cracks and leaks.

I need to look up baffles because I'm not sure the converters will cause enough back pressure so the valves don't burn. Baffles and Turn Downs.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom