Patriot Mobile

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Reminds me of the time a new guy met up with us to go on a motorcycle ride through the National Forest.
    He had cleaned his bike all up the night before and put Armor All on his tires.

Crashed on the first or second corner and broke an ankle if I remember correctly.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I should try that. Er, but these were dry rotting mostly between the treads. Would I apply it between the treads? Seriously, I'll try it if it helps.
    Yes, spray the whole tire down. Don't drive it until it fully dries. Wipe up the excess before it dries.

Reminds me of the time a new guy met up with us to go on a motorcycle ride through the National Forest.
    He had cleaned his bike all up the night before and put Armor All on his tires.

Crashed on the first or second corner and broke an ankle if I remember correctly.
    :laughing: Armor All is a retarded product.

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    Put a Puig windshield on my cycle and added some pre cut reflective stickers on the bike.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Drive it more and protect the tires from the sun if it's going to be parked for long periods.

Tires lube themselves but you have to use them for it to work.
    Yeah, probably need to drive it more. I never had the problem on my other vehicles when I used to drive them daily and they sat in the sun all day. Now I have a carport and the tires don't get much sun on them except for morning sun. But the vehicle may sit parked for 2-3 weeks at a time.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Got one of those super soft indoor dust covers for the Camaro, pretty darn nice and easy to put on. Now maybe I should clean out the garage, wait.... naw the cover should do it.

03Hc2GV.jpg

Attachments

• 03Hc2GV.jpg
      03Hc2GV.jpg
      94.8 KB · Views: 399

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    As long as it doesn't fold as difficultly as a fitted sheet for a Queen size bed, I'd be awfully inclined to like that.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Got some buffers and polishing compound for Christmas. Worked over half a car until dark. I'll see what it looks like in the morning.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    As long as it doesn't fold as difficultly as a fitted sheet for a Queen size bed, I'd be awfully inclined to like that.

It was easy to put on and it's light too. It has a very soft cotton feel to it with an elastic edge band, I just laid it on the car inside out and stretched it over the the front end and then worked my way back, very easy unlike the heavy outdoor type covers. Of course this is indoor only hence the light weight, it's only to keep off dust and protect the paint from scratches, it says it's machine washable which is a big plus. It came with a nice storage bag too.

They're vehicle specific.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Ultraguard+Stretch+Satin+Indoor+Car+Cover&i=automotive&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It was easy to put on and it's light too. It has a very soft cotton feel to it with an elastic edge band, I just laid it on the car inside out and stretched it over the the front end and then worked my way back, very easy unlike the heavy outdoor type covers. Of course this is indoor only hence the light weight, it's only to keep off dust and protect the paint from scratches, it says it's machine washable which is a big plus. It came with a nice storage bag too.

They're vehicle specific.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Ultraguard+Stretch+Satin+Indoor+Car+Cover&i=automotive&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
    Those things are great. Just make sure to wash the car thoroughly right before putting it on or it'll do more harm than good.

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Sitting at Sewell this morning while the car gets an oil change- free I might add!

When I bought my truck it came with free oil changes for a bit. After the free changes were over I discovered the kids changing the oil had cross threaded the drain plug and just used their cordless impact to tighten it up. Lucky for me the oil pan fitting was stronger than the threads on the drain plug.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    When I bought my truck it came with free oil changes for a bit. After the free changes were over I discovered the kids changing the oil had cross threaded the drain plug and just used their cordless impact to tighten it up. Lucky for me the oil pan fitting was stronger than the threads on the drain plug.

DOH!

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

What's worse is an email to the service dept. with photos of the damaged plug received no response, and their records indicated they had done every oil change up to now, and the timing was right for the first oil change without them.

So after that when they sent me an email advertising new vehicles, I replied back with a copy of my complaint email. Then started copying the service department on the replies, then the sales department, then the manager started getting copied too.

Then I stopped getting emails from them. I'm stubborn. I take the long way around to the unsubscribe button.

Top Bottom