What if a "CHLers Welcome" sign?

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by Shorts, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The recent topic of 'no guns' signs fresh on my mind, especially in gun stores. I'm curiously wondering how would a store with a "CHLers Welcome!" sign fair? For the sake of actually daydreaming about what it would be like, let's ignore the part about insurance carrier/company liability (if chain) and assume that everyone agreed the risk/sign was ok.

Since the non-30.06 signs don't apply to CHLers anyway, can the above be another way to word the intended message? I ask this question with some jest. But I'm oddly curious, "what if"?

I'd imagine a fair number of patrons to the store would take their business elsewhere. They simply don't want to take the chance that they'll be in the same building with a gun.

I can also see a segment feeling acknowledged and welcome. I can only speak for myself but if I saw that sign at the front of the store I'd first think "Cool!" but in this day and age that I'd also think, "What's the catch" :lolz:

Anyhow, I'm just wondering outloud, making conversation over my post-run breakfast.

2. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    No Catch!
    If you are doing the conceal part right, who would know?

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Something discreet would be positive, besides no 30-06 sign pretty much states that CHLs are welcome.

4. New Texan

New Texan New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Arlington
    Nice - even Hooter's allows licensed holders to carry.

5. ccrobbins

ccrobbins New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    That would be fantastic...but short lived unfortunately.

6. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I have often wondered about this myself