• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freonfreak.270

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    hey guys im about to buy a beretta m9. age is unknown but it looks to be in good shape. its 9mm, comes with 3 mags. my question is what is it worth? and is it a good buy?
    Hurley's Gold

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Thats not bad, but CDNN was selling new M9s for around 450-500 not too long ago. Summit Gun Broker sometimes has police trade in 92Fs for 325-350..if you don't mind a little holster wear.

Careful looking around on GunBroker....theres some fool on there right now, trying to sell a new M9 with a holster for 1800 bucks (!!).

- brickboy240

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I would not pay more than $350 for a used one in excellent condition.New one's are about $549.CDNN is a great place to get one cheap.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    IMHO, I'd spend a bit extra and buy a new XDm in 9mm. They'll hold 19+1 and the quality is all there. They come with interchangable backstraps to fit your grip. With your gun and two spare mags, you'd be holding 58 rounds at any given time!

freonfreak.270

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    yeah i held an xdm and love it.. and im not stuck on 9mm, i wish they had a 45acp in the xdm and im sure they will just after i buy one in 40 cal... but it seems like the quality is better in my research but i just like that look of an m9. thanks for the input

jimmy-buffett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Nothing against the M9, but I've always been more of a fan of the Taurus 92's. They are essentially the same gun, except for the location of the safety. The M9 has it on the slide (the new design) and the Taurus 92 has it on the frame. What this allows the Taurus to do is to lock the slide if you have it in Safe.

Also the Taurus is a bit cheaper, but not too much.

kawi jm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    wow, I feel lucky to have gotten mine new for $399 + tax. Of course I've had it for a year or so. I really like the M9, I can't put my finger on it, but it is one of those guns I have always wanted. It is a solid shooter out of the box and is dead reliable. 1000 + and not a failure that I can remember. I mostly shoot Winchester (white box) FMJ or JHP through it.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I got my Berreta 92FS with nights sights for like 540 with tax, brand new, LE model (extra mag) last year.

My first handgun.

Still one of my favorites. Shot it today, in fact. Still beautiful.

Top Bottom