• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris76541

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Killeen
    I'm looking to get my first rifle and would like to know what a good one would be? I'm looking at spending anywhere from $600 to $850 including tax. I am looking at a Bushmaster O.R.C.
    ARJ Defense ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Are you set on the AR platform? Are you only looking at new guns?

Academy has decent prices, but limited selection. Guns Galore and Action Pawn are a little pricy, but have a good selection. Weber Guns in Temple used to be real good, but during the ammo drought, they went a little overboard. I am not sure how they are right now.

I'd recommend www.texasguntrader.com for good deals on used guns from individual sellers. There are some good deals to be had there if you catch one at the right time.

chris76541

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Killeen
    Yea for my first one I would rather get a new one to be on the safe side. I'm leaning more on the AR because I can sell it for a good price if I end up not liking it.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I wouldn't buy a Bushmaster. Too many experts report consistent problems due to low quality parts. Bravo Company makes good uppers that don't cost very much.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Yes, but no. ARs hold their value fairly well and are easy to upgrade, but the market is flooded with them. They are some good guns though.

+1, a lot of good rifles out there in your price range right now. A year or so ago, you could sell any AR for a $1000+.

Not so right now. Its a market, just like anything else. Prices have started to come down and rifles are in stock. Ammo is comming down too. We are having a little jump in magazines right now too. . . . but hopefully that will blow over.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I wouldn't buy a Bushmaster. Too many experts report consistent problems due to low quality parts. Bravo Company makes good uppers that don't cost very much.

+1. They used to be a good brand, but have gone downhill in the past few years. Bravo Company has a great reputation.

Top Bottom