What is Happening to this world?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TXTacticalSource, Dec 21, 2008.

1. TXTacticalSource

TXTacticalSource Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Good Samaritan Can Be Sued. Bad Judgment? - Digital Journal: Your News Network

You got to be kidding!!!! You can get sued for helping others in a time of life and death situation's?!?

Not too long ago I help a Man in a accident... The car caught on fire and he was burning to death I could not just sit and watch I HAD TO HELP! Now I have to think about it before I help anybody? This LAW Is messed up.

Is there such Law in Texas?

2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Texas has a Good Samaritan Law that provides civil protection to persons administering emergency care in good faith at the scene of an emergency or in a health care facility. The law limits the civil liability of these persons unless their actions are wilfully and wantonly negligent. However, a LAWSUIT is where it is determined if the actions were negligent.

Texas also has protection in the Penal Code for a defense to prosecution for criminal violations.

3. TXTacticalSource

TXTacticalSource Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I am so glad I live in Texas.

4. jim t

jim t Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    Texas also has a law about failure to stop and render aid

5. onac255

onac255 Active Member

Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    good ol' Commiefornia...

6. Ed4032

Ed4032 New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    California Sucks !!

7. cmartinez95

cmartinez95 New Member

Nov 15, 2008

My wife and I were talking about this over the weekend. We cannot believe what things are coming to. That's the kind of stuff that makes me not want to ever help anyone. I feel bad for my two kids cause I know things are only going to get worse when they are adults...

8. TxPhantom

TxPhantom Active Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    That's a big ditto on that! Sometimes (well, not often) I'm glad I'm as old as I am.

9. txinvestigator

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Which applies only to those involved in a traffic accident and does not requier you to actually personally give medical "aid" to others.

10. txinvestigator

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    In Texas you could still be sued, which is what this California case is about. The right to file the suit.