What is it about cities that makes people so soft and liberal?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Is it just the easy life? All of the gov services? Mental illness as we arent supposed to live stacked on top of each other?

dustycorgill

Well-Known
Jan 28, 2013
Garland, Texas
I live in Garland Tx. Still city, in Dallas County. I for one would pose the question what is it about cities that would NOT make you conservative? I absolutely HATE the city. I cannot wait to by our land and move to the sticks.

To answer your question.....I think it is all of the available services. In the sticks you have to learn to conserve, make things work, and do without all the luxury you have in the city...Malls, theaters, food options, ect..... I for one cannot wait to get the hell away from it all.

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
Maybe because there are so many people around in the city, some may, for whatever reason, think it's safer? I personally feel much safer out here in the sticks.

Southpaw

Plague enthusiast
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
Cities seem to take all the self sufficiency out of life. And in that, I believe that is the kind of people it attracts. People who don't want to think or do much for themselves. It also insulates people in anonymity as well, and that may also be a desired effect for some as well. If you don't want to deal with who you are or want to be someone you aren't, then move to the city.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
Oct 15, 2013
Eddy
Both. Trash, water, sewage, transportation, parks, entertainment, grocery stores — someone else doing the dirty work necessary for their world to revolve.

I told my wife when we watched American Blackout on NatGeo "if the world ended tomorrow, my world would not end with it." The sun will still rise, rivers will flow, animals will breathe. It may get tough, and certain luxuries would disappear, but life would go on.

Southpaw

Plague enthusiast
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
Both. Trash, water, sewage, transportation, parks, entertainment, grocery stores — someone else doing the dirty work necessary for their world to revolve.

I told my wife when we watched American Blackout on NatGeo "if the world ended tomorrow, my world would not end with it." The sun will still rise, rivers will flow, animals will breathe. It may get tough, and certain luxuries would disappear, but life would go on.

Most people here in the cities and suburbs haven't got a prayer if something like that happens for an extended amount of time and they choose to gleefully ignore that fact.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
Oct 15, 2013
Eddy
Most people here in the cities and suburbs haven't got a prayer if something like that happens for an extended amount of time and they choose to gleefully ignore that fact.
Zombies. Not necessarily in the literal sense, but the "ignorants" will be coming for your brains. Which is okay — I could use more sandbags.

Top Bottom