APOD Firearms

What Is The Best Album Cover You Have Seen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Yes Fragile is awful cool.
    Screenshot_20220617-230012_DuckDuckGo.jpg

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    iu

Hendrix's second album has a cover you can stare at for hours. I have two of these.

Led-Zep-3-album-cover1.jpg

Led Zeppelin III has a multi-windowed cover with a wheel inside. Turn the wheel and the art changes. I have this one.

art-of-the-album-van-halen-hed-2020.jpg

Van Halen 1984 is a classic. Don't have this one.

iu

When I was in high school, kids would wear this shirt and get sent home.

Reactions: gll

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    1655560757938.png

The front cover of the album Who's Next is a photograph, taken at Easington Colliery, of the band apparently having just urinated on a large concrete piling protruding from a slag heap. The decision to shoot the picture came from Entwistle and Moon discussing Stanley Kubrick and the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. According to photographer Ethan Russell, only Townshend actually urinated against the piling, so rainwater was tipped from an empty film canister to achieve the desired effect. The sky in the background was added later to give the image what Russell called "this other worldly quality." The rear cover shows the band backstage at De Montfort Hall, Leicester, amid a cluttered mess of furniture. In 2003, the television channel VH1 named the cover of Who's Next one of the greatest album covers of all time.

Other suggestions for the cover included the group urinating against a Marshall Stack and an overweight nude woman with the Who's faces in place of her genitalia. An alternative cover featuring Moon dressed in black lingerie and a brown wig and holding a whip was later used as part of the inside art of the 1995 and 2003 CD releases of the album. Some of the photographs taken during these sessions were also used as part of Decca's United States promotion of the album.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I removed it from view pending staff review and discussion.
    After discussion with a minority of the staff, the post will stay deleted.

Note that I said "minority." Not everyone was involved but enough to reach a decision. If you want to blame someone, blame me and me only.

If you want to argue Dost criteria, know that because of prior job experience I know it quite thoroughly. I'd rather not discuss that stuff at all but, if you feel you must comment, please just PM me so we don't bore everyone to death.

In my personal life, I would defend such artistic expression to the death...but it's not a hill TGT should be expected to die on. The odds of prosecution are vanishingly close to but definitely NOT zero; there are people in prison in the USA for the crime of possessing cartoons, after all.

Bottom line - It's simplest and best for TGT to just steer clear.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    After discussion with a minority of the staff, the post will stay deleted.

Note that I said "minority." Not everyone was involved but enough to reach a decision. If you want to blame someone, blame me and me only.

If you want to argue Dost criteria, know that because of prior job experience I know it quite thoroughly. I'd rather not discuss that stuff at all but, if you feel you must comment, please just PM me so we don't bore everyone to death.

In my personal life, I would defend such artistic expression to the death...but it's not a hill TGT should be expected to die on. The odds of prosecution are vanishingly close to but definitely NOT zero; there are people in prison in the USA for the crime of possessing cartoons, after all.

Bottom line - It's simplest and best for TGT to just steer clear.
    I'm not going to argue anything, except that was actually the cover...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    One of the best album cover art I enjoyed was Yessongs, not just the front cover, but throughout. I liked it so much I used to have a poster of it on my bedroom wall.

1655682196245.png

Top Bottom