DK Firearms

What is the legal capacity limit on a shotgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I believe there is a firm selling 7' or 8' long barrels for domestic shotguns. As I mentioned before, I can't find the link.

Since there is no "device" being used (not even a "choke tube"), these are quite legal (and this is what I thought my link went to :( )
    DK Firearms

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Shhhhhhhhhh......... The BATFE is listening! Don't tell them all our secrets.

Honestly, I am not all that positive on how the silencer laws read, but a 28" barrel isn't designed to muffle sound, it is designed for better hunting qualities. Even 32" barrels have a load report to them. They are not manufactured specifically to be quieter than shorter barrels.

The Quiet Gun is designed to muffle the sound, and that makes it an NFA item. Where the line is drawn I really have no idea. I am not even sure the BATFE knows, but new products that muffle sound have to get approval before they can be sold without a stamp. I don't think they get approved very often.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I believe there is a firm selling 7' or 8' long barrels for domestic shotguns. As I mentioned before, I can't find the link.

Since there is no "device" being used (not even a "choke tube"), these are quite legal (and this is what I thought my link went to :( )

6 or 7 Feet!! Wow! I think it stops being fun at 28 inches, but that is just me.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    Definition of a silencer or firearm muffler in USC Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 44, § 921(24):

"The terms “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication."

Typically a device means a separate item which is attached to the firearm. I think a really long barrel for a shotgun is kind of a stretch for this. I think it's interesting that it says portable firearm.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i want one. for sure

even a nice single shot would be sweet.... would be fun to build one from scratch.

Top Bottom