• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I know many people hate Olight but I have a bunch of them in various sizes. The main reason is price and they all use the same chargers. This is convenient since I basically have a flash light in every vehicle, bag, room etc. While I would love to buy surfires, modlight, cloude defensive etc. I can't afford 10-20 $300 lights. Thr newest one I received is the Arken. It has a green laser and flashlight. It's rectangle in shape. I didn't think I would use the laser feature much but I'm enjoying randomly entertaining my dog with it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I don't carry a "tacticool" flashlight, just a small one powered by a single AAA battery. I'm a cheap-ass and got a 5-pack for less than $20 on Amazon. I figured they might last 4 or 5 months each and I'd have to replace them, so that's why I got the 5-pack. Well, I've been using the first one for over 21 months now and it still works perfect. I use it multiple times per day.
    Amazon product ASIN B078MVMTSW

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here's a thread to peruse while waiting for replies....

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I don't carry a "tacticool" flashlight, just a small one powered by a single AAA battery. I'm a cheap-ass and got a 5-pack for less than $20 on Amazon. I figured they might last 4 or 5 months each and I'd have to replace them, so that's why I got the 5-pack. Well, I've been using the first one for over 21 months now and it still works perfect. I use it multiple times per day.
    I have something similar and use a 750mAh rechargeable battery. I have them in vehicles, nightstands, junk drawer, etc. I probably have 8 of them and bought them at least 4 years ago. Nice bright LED light.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Here's a thread to peruse while waiting for replies....

I was thinking there was a similar thread already. I'm on so many forums it's hard to keep up.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I drink the SureFire Kool aid. I have a small collection spread out in vehicles & around the house.If I was working the renfest I carrued the brightest ones I owned until the next brightest. Telling drunks to behave (before the cop was hired)Blinding them just seemed to get their attention enough to listen to you.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I was thinking there was a similar thread already. I'm on so many forums it's hard to keep up.

Yes and my answer hasn't changed. I have like 6 of mine that are 20 bucks each. Perform as good or better than an olight or a streamlight and my ass isn't sore when I hit the buy button.

Example the Streamlight Protac 1 AA is 41 dollars only 350 lumens and heavier.

Olight I5r is 38 bucks and also only 350 Lumens

Oh Olight is a CCP company, not that you all actually care ;-)

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Yes and my answer hasn't changed. I have like 6 of mine that are 20 bucks each. Perform as good or better than an olight or a streamlight and my ass isn't sore when I hit the buy button.

Example the Streamlight Protac 1 AA is 41 dollars only 350 lumens and heavier.

Olight I5r is 38 bucks and also only 350 Lumens

Oh Olight is a CCP company, not that you all actually care ;-)
    The protac is made in china
    8f0cfd2852283208ebc246ae22cf5a8d.jpg

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    For 6 years my grand kids stayed with us for weeks, and sometimes months, while the parents were deployed, or TDY.
    This was my EDC, and the answer. I had 10+ at any given time. I found them in the tub, dog house, litter box, chicken coop, under car seats, dresser drawers, neighbor's swimming pool. Always turned on and dead. They are water proof, to three feet. No soft touch buttons to chew off, full body rubber outside so they don't leave a mark ( permanent) when you smack your brother. 300 lumens so they don't blind grandma. Cost $14.95, sometimes 2 packs for $19.95. I just checked, I still have 3 left.
    Currently, Folomov. 6 hours on one 18650 battery. All my headlamps, and bigass flashlights, have been swapped out for 18650.

Attachments

• hard-case-task-light-500x350.png
      hard-case-task-light-500x350.png
      32.9 KB · Views: 48

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Hey, are these single function and have you ever used a 3.7v lithium battery in one?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Hey, are these single function and have you ever used a 3.7v lithium battery in one?
    They are single function and I don't think there's a 3.7 lithium for it since it's a AAA battery. I used rechargeable AAA in it that I replace with a fresh one every week just in case.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    They are single function and I don't think there's a 3.7 lithium for it since it's a AAA battery. I used rechargeable AAA in it that I replace with a fresh one every week just in case.
    Yeah, I have 3.7v Li-ion AAA batteries that are rechargeable, but some of these AAA lights can't handle the increased voltage over 1.5v.

These flashlights look good to me for the price though, especially being single function!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom