• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Charged by whom? The state of California's authority does not extend across its borders, their laws apply only inside their state, per...

7. Illegal Weapons Or Accessories: Many non-firearm items sold at gun shows, currently offered for sale by mail order on the internet, or in gun magazines, are illegal in California. As mere possession, even in the privacy of your home, can be prosecuted as a felony, it is imperative that the California gun owner knows the law in this area. Some of these prohibited items include camouflaging firearms containers, flechette darts or flechette ammunition, explosive bullets, ballistic knives, multi-burst trigger activators, nunchakus, metal knuckles, belt buckle knives, leaded canes, throwing stars, lipstick case knives, cane swords, shobi-zue, air gauge knives, writing pen knives, and items or weapons commonly known as blackjacks or billy clubs. Short-barreled shotguns, short barreled rifles, cane guns, wallet guns, zip guns, undetectable firearms and firearms not immediately recognizable as a firearm, are also illegal in California. Tracer ammunition (except for use in shotguns) and grenade launchers are unlawful and are considered destructive devices in California.

So there ain't jack shit they can do to someone outside their state.

But, if you do your homework, you will find it is perfectly legal to send hi-cap mags to California...

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/DOJ-large-cap-magazines-2005-11-10.pdf
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Charged by whom? The state of California's authority does not extend across its borders, their laws apply only inside their state, per...
    So there ain't jack shit they can do to someone outside their state.
    But, if you do your homework, you will find it is perfectly legal to send hi-cap mags to California...
    http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/DOJ-large-cap-magazines-2005-11-10.pdf

It might be wise to point out that M2 ain't an attorney.....because what he just wrote is likely to get you in trouble if you ship a high-cap magazine into CA.

"What can they do to you"? Well, for one thing, charge you with shipping an illegal product into their state.

Now...IANAL, but based on my discussions with CA residents, it ain't a good idea to ship a high-cap mag into their state.

remy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    All my stuff goes on Gunbroker's penny auctions. I let the market set the price and I still sleep good at night.
    This is basically what I did. Listed it for what I got in it. If it goes higher I make money, if not then Im at a break even. Ive passed on lots of stuff I could make money on but some stuff is hard to pass on. I said you guys would call me a gouger. I see it some one bid that high. I know it wouldnt go good on here cause Im also on a archery web site and on there people think your crazy if you are asking more than 75% of the store price even if its new. Sry if someone thinks thats gouging but they bid it to that price.

remy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Also like to qualify I dont consider myself in the same league as some. Ive bought about 4 items and resold. A barrel that I bought for myself and went online to see if it was a good deal saw people paying crazy for it so I sold it and that was for a 870 shotgun. And sold 3 differnt magazines that are going for alot cause they are hard to find but not because of hording IMO. On the other hand I was at a store that wasnt limiting 22 ammo sales and had just got a load of 25 boxes of 100 rnds and I just took 10 and as I was standing there they sold out and when another couple came up looking I gave them 2 boxes so I dont consider myself as part of the problem on things like ammo like the guys hording just to sell.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    You hear, see, read ads for various products that often have a disclaimer along the lines of "Offer void where prohibited," so why not include a similar disclaimer in your ad?

Offer of sale void where item is prohibited by law. Buyer is responsible for know local, state law regarding this item. Seller assumes no liability or responsibility for buyer's failure to know laws in buyer's state and locality.

But check with your shyster for legal opinion and don't rely on internet ninjas for legal advice.

Top Bottom