• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So i got a cz 455 suppressor ready 22lr for taking out pests in the back yard. What optic would you recommend. I am not a rifle guy and have no clue when it comes to optics. Less expensive is good and I doubt any shot would be over 75 yards and most will be well under that. I will also need rings.

thanks for your time
    Military Camp

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I'd recommend a compact scope for that application. A Leupold VX2 2-7x is what I have mounted on the same rifle, but you might save a few bucks with a 4x fixed like Nikon. I use Talley low rings on all of my CZ rimfires (I have 6-7). CZ's lowest rings are still too high for a good cheek weld, IME.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'd recommend a compact scope for that application. A Leupold VX2 2-7x is what I have mounted on the same rifle, but you might save a few bucks with a 4x fixed like Nikon. I use Talley low rings on all of my CZ rimfires (I have 6-7). CZ's lowest rings are still too high for a good cheek weld, IME.

Pretty much this.

You could probably get away with a scope off the shelf from Walmart but you are better off in the long run to spend a few more dollars and get a quality scope.

I usually run a 3-9 power scope on my .22s but that is mainly for target identification. I tend to overscope my rifles anyways.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    3-9 Tasco. Walmart special. Cheap with warranty.

Simmons is a step above Tasco.

Academy sporting goods have scopes you can play with on display.

Heres one of my old 10/22's. With a walmart Centerpoint scope(4-12..i think). Within 75yards, you could dispatch English Sparrows. Relatively easy.

59710f13c01474eda2df15dda1c5adc3.jpg

If the scope bug starts to bite you....

Then move up to the middle quality scopes. Weaver, Nikon. Want even better glass? Leopold, Trijicon.....

"Sent from a iBong6"

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    what about something like this ?
    Redfield Revenge Rifle Scope 4-12x 42mm Matte

and what is the differance with a varmint and a hunter ?

4-12x is a little overscoped for a .22, even for me. I think it is more geared for a .17 HMR or similiar.

It will work though and the price seems good. Redfield is made by Leupold and they are good scopes.

The only difference I can see between the Hunter and Varmint is it looks like the Varmint has thicker lines, which I would think should be the other way around. I am not positive though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Damn that pesky parralax. That huge scope in my Ruger, is adjustable. So its either a parallax adjustable, or its a rimfire specific scope.

Op: shots of 75yards.

"Sent from a iBong6"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom