• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knayewesttx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ok, I plan on getting my chl, but need to know a couple of things. I'll use as an example wetmore shooting in san antonio. They say we provide everything: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]all handouts, fingerprinting, notary services, passport photos.
    My question is what else do i need as far as paperwork goes? Do i have to pay the state anything for any other paperwork or for the application? or does the application fee included in the $60 wetmore shooting charges?
    thanks in advance

[/FONT]
    Lynx Defense

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The class fee is seperate from the State fees. DPS gets $140 if you are average joe, $70 if you fall into certain categories. My classes get everything and walk out only needing to put their check to DPS in their envelope....

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Mr Dirty;
    I have a question for you since you are a CHL instructor. It is almost time for my CHL renewal (May 26, 2010)how soon should I start with the paper work? I think you can't submit any sooner than six months but I'm not sure.:confused:

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    I would suggest starting the paperwork within the week of getting your renewal notice from the DPS.
    Then take the class as soon after that as possible. Mail everything to Austin the first business day after you finish the class.

This way you have your renewal in hand before expiring. no muss no fuss and a whole lot less stress.

Joat

Top Bottom