• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gotta disagree with you here. I know You don't mean, "probably should have", cause that's just dumb and you're a smart, wise, rational old fella, based off of your posts. As far as the attitude behind the post, I agree that the choking one is stupid but calling a dork, acting like a zombie, a shitthead, to me, is a reflection on your grouchiness today. Perhaps you're just a grouchy old man but I doubt it. I know I can be a grouchy little bastard when I'm in a bad mood, but overall, I'm a jolly lad. I think the zombie thing is all in fun and don't see how it can hurt anyone, without being extremely hypothetical. "Someone may have a heart attack!" If I'm wrong about you, that you're mostly playing around, you'd hate me. I'm a bit of a prankster but I know there's a line you shouldn't cross. The choking guys crossed it, the zombie guy, NO WAY!

Basically, I was just trying to point out the "folly" of these kinds of pranks. Many here have already noted the fact that what would those guys have done if someone HAD drawn down on them? Pranks can be fun and silly, but when someone takes them the "wrong way" or there is some other extenuating circumstance that has put them into a different mental state than they usually are, people can get hurt, or worse, killed. A coworker had just found out his wife of 30 years was divorcing him. He was distraught, to say the least. Other coworkers decided to pull a prank on him, thinking that they could pull him out of his "funk," but it went sideways and one of them got punched in the face. Maybe not germane to this post but it shows how pranks can go wrong.

As for my comments, I'm a sarcastic old bastard and, unfortunately, sarcasm doesn't come across too well with typed words.

Maybe a sarcasm on/sarcasm off tag ([sarcasm] [/sarcasm]) is needed on bulletin boards......
    devil-smiley-039.gif
    Hurley's Gold

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Well, in a perfect world I'd shoot them both in the leg if I wasn't sure who started it, but we all know that just wont fly. LOL J?/K

If I was carrying I'd pull it and issue commands. If they ignored me I'd reholster and start administering the beating to the guy with the rope first. If the "chokee" became a problem he'd get it next. Swift kick to the face and the guy probably drops the rope...I'm betting.

Y'all gotta remember this is NY. No one has a gun. The smaller women should have probably backed off and called the police. Otherwise they risk becoming a victim as well. All the grown men who walked off...I just dont get that. I can't believe someone actually started to take pictures / video.

ETA: This would be a dangerous experiment around these parts.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    wow. I was disappointed in the number of people that just walked away. I was relieved that there are some decent folks out there that will help a person in trouble. I liked the fire extinguisher..

With what was shown you do not know who the aggressor is or what this is about. The door opens and you only see that portion of the incident. The guy doing the choking might be the victim and in the fight of his life. You can use deadly force under certain circumstances and he may be doing that to stay alive.

Be a good witness, call 911.

Last edited:

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    So you advise letting the guy kill the other one and wait for the police? I sure as hell hope that the person that sees me being choked to death doesn't follow that advice!

If you want to be John Wayne and jump right in power to you. What happens when you are now getting choked or your azz beat on? Most people are not trained in taking on a person like this, and if unarmed what do you really expect them to do? You will wish you had called 911 to get some help started. This is a perfect example to think about what one would do. Also think of this, this was a PRANK. It would have sucked if somebody pulled out a gun and simply shot the aggressor thinking he was choking the dude.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    If you read my initial response, I said draw down on the aggressor and command him to stop. If he didn't, then I would have no trouble shooting him to prevent him from killing the other guy. It wasn't a question of what should an unarmed little old lady do, but what would YOU do.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    If you want to be John Wayne and jump right in power to you. What happens when you are now getting choked or your azz beat on? Most people are not trained in taking on a person like this, and if unarmed what do you really expect them to do? You will wish you had called 911 to get some help started. This is a perfect example to think about what one would do. Also think of this, this was a PRANK. It would have sucked if somebody pulled out a gun and simply shot the aggressor thinking he was choking the dude.

Oh, I forgot, only John Wayne can help someone when they are being choked to death. Sucks to know that you would allow a person to be choked, while you call 911, so you don't get your ass beat. Sure hope the person doesn't die while you're on the phone. Even if I wasn't "trained" in dealing with stuff like this, I'd still intervene. Yea it would have sucked if someone shot the dude over a prank, but nobody here is saying we would shoot first and ask questions later. Simply that we would show we weren't ****'n around when we say, "get the **** off of him!". I like to think even YOU'D intervene. Regardless of what you state.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Basically, I was just trying to point out the "folly" of these kinds of pranks. Many here have already noted the fact that what would those guys have done if someone HAD drawn down on them? Pranks can be fun and silly, but when someone takes them the "wrong way" or there is some other extenuating circumstance that has put them into a different mental state than they usually are, people can get hurt, or worse, killed. A coworker had just found out his wife of 30 years was divorcing him. He was distraught, to say the least. Other coworkers decided to pull a prank on him, thinking that they could pull him out of his "funk," but it went sideways and one of them got punched in the face. Maybe not germane to this post but it shows how pranks can go wrong.

As for my comments, I'm a sarcastic old bastard and, unfortunately, sarcasm doesn't come across too well with typed words.

Maybe a sarcasm on/sarcasm off tag ([sarcasm] [/sarcasm]) is needed on bulletin boards......
    devil-smiley-039.gif

Haha, gotcha. I swear, if your location was Texas, I'd think you were my Grandfather. You respond just like him.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    If you read my initial response, I said draw down on the aggressor and command him to stop. If he didn't, then I would have no trouble shooting him to prevent him from killing the other guy. It wasn't a question of what should an unarmed little old lady do, but what would YOU do.

You commented on a post somebody else made that did not quote my entire post. If you had read the post then you would know the whole answer as I pointed out I was disappointed. I have intervened off duty. One case was a pretty bad incident with a guy beating a female, dragging her by a car, ect. I call 911 first to get cover enroute. No different then getting on the radio at work and takes a second. What are you going to do when he jumps up and knocks you down? I can tell you people do not always comply while at gun point. If you don't have help coming you might be fighting for your life.

I've taken many classes and they discuss off duty survival and preach be a good witness

Last edited:

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    You commented on a post somebody else made that did not quote my entire post. If you had read the post then you would know the whole answer as I pointed out I was disappointed. I have intervened off duty. One case was a pretty bad incident with a guy beating a female, dragging her by a car, ect. I call 911 first to get cover enroute. No different then getting on the radio at work and takes a second. What are you going to do when he jumps up and knocks you down? I can tell you people do not always comply while at gun point. If you don't have help coming you might be fighting for your life.

I've taken many classes and they discuss off duty survival and preach be a good witness

He commented on the last sentence of your post.
    Calling 911 is fine, but I'd want to make sure the guy quit killing the other one before I wasted time making a phone call.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    He commented on the last sentence of your post.
    Calling 911 is fine, but I'd want to make sure the guy quit killing the other one before I wasted time making a phone call.

We've all got the right to have our own opinion on this.

Top Bottom