• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    If my wife was there to hold my gun, I'd be all over the guy with the cable. I don't care who started it. You don't choke someone with a cable. If my wife was not there, I'd have to hold him at gunpoint till police arrived. I'm not about to wrestle with a guy while my gun is on me, or leave my gun with a stranger.
    Lynx Defense

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now here's the real question what would THEY have done if someone had drawn down on them. Then their stupid little game wouldn't have been so funny.

Like this "zombie" prank in Miami? Skip ahead to 1:56, then notice at 2:00 what happens. Stop at 2:04.

Zombie Attack Prank gone WRONG!! - YouTube

At the 2:00 mark.......

zombiehasgunpulledonhim.jpg

This stupidity could have gone entirely wrong if that guy had pulled the trigger.

And maybe he SHOULD have. Would have removed a stupid shithead from the face of the Earth.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Like this "zombie" prank in Miami? Skip ahead to 1:56, then notice at 2:00 what happens. Stop at 2:04.

Zombie Attack Prank gone WRONG!! - YouTube

At the 2:00 mark.......

zombiehasgunpulledonhim.jpg

This stupidity could have gone entirely wrong if that guy had pulled the trigger.

And maybe he SHOULD have. Would have removed a stupid shithead from the face of the Earth.

I gotta disagree with you here. I know You don't mean, "probably should have", cause that's just dumb and you're a smart, wise, rational old fella, based off of your posts. As far as the attitude behind the post, I agree that the choking one is stupid but calling a dork, acting like a zombie, a shitthead, to me, is a reflection on your grouchiness today. Perhaps you're just a grouchy old man but I doubt it. I know I can be a grouchy little bastard when I'm in a bad mood, but overall, I'm a jolly lad. I think the zombie thing is all in fun and don't see how it can hurt anyone, without being extremely hypothetical. "Someone may have a heart attack!" If I'm wrong about you, that you're mostly playing around, you'd hate me. I'm a bit of a prankster but I know there's a line you shouldn't cross. The choking guys crossed it, the zombie guy, NO WAY!

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Crap! I lose track of my paragraphs when typing on the phone. Looks like I should have added spaces. I'll edit it when I get home. Sorry.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If my wife was there to hold my gun, I'd be all over the guy with the cable. I don't care who started it. You don't choke someone with a cable. If my wife was not there, I'd have to hold him at gunpoint till police arrived. I'm not about to wrestle with a guy while my gun is on me, or leave my gun with a stranger.

What if the guy with the cable was the one attacked initially with the cable, and he finally wrestled control of it away from the REAL bad guy and was trying to stop the guy who was much stronger?

There are too many variables that could be in place.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I'm not terribly afraid of confrontation myself. If I wasn't armed, I'd jump in and at least separate the two. Gotta figure the rope is all of the weaponry either one of them have or they'd be using em...

The "men" who simply walked away are on my wall of shame forever.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm not terribly afraid of confrontation myself. If I wasn't armed, I'd jump in and at least separate the two. Gotta figure the rope is all of the weaponry either one of them have or they'd be using em...

The "men" who simply walked away are on my wall of shame forever.

The one who pulled out his phone to take a picture is the worst.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    What if the guy with the cable was the one attacked initially with the cable, and he finally wrestled control of it away from the REAL bad guy and was trying to stop the guy who was much stronger?

There are too many variables and it's not my job to decide who started it. The first thing I would determine, is that one guy looks like he is trying to kill the other. If the guy with the cable is innocent, when the gun comes out, he will recognize he has assistance and stop. I can understand if you shot a guy cause he was choking you to death and you couldn't break free, but you know as well as I do that you can't kill a man when he is not on attack anymore. Once the gun comes out, I'd be confident it'd stop and the cops can sort it out. Regardless who the attacker is, I'm not gonna allow one man to kill another. I get your thinking, which is why I would prefer to use martial arts to settle it. I usually am armed though and will not wrestle with a man, or two, and risk my gun being taken. So, my thinking says, either ignore them, or order them to stop and call the cops. I'm not the type of man to stand by while there is an assault being carried out. Hope you get me.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX

As an honest question and not my normal sarcastic self, is there a situation where you'd advocate deadly force in defense of a third party?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    As an honest question and not my normal sarcastic self, is there a situation where you'd advocate deadly force in defense of a third party?

Actually, he DOES have a point....to a point. TXI - bear in mind that if the choker started out as the chokee, once he got the rope away from his assailant, the immediate threat to his life was over. Once he starts choking his former assailant with that rope, HE becomes the bad guy.

Either way - the gun WOULD come out and the assault ended one way or another. Continued choking can reasonably be expected to cause death, so I'd have no issue with employing deadly force to stop it.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Actually, he DOES have a point....to a point. TXI - bear in mind that if the choker started out as the chokee, once he got the rope away from his assailant, the immediate threat to his life was over. Once he starts choking his former assailant with that rope, HE becomes the bad guy.

Either way - the gun WOULD come out and the assault ended one way or another. Continued choking can reasonably be expected to cause death, so I'd have no issue with employing deadly force to stop it.

I'm not disrespecting his point. I am asking him to provide an answer based on his experience as a LEO and a CHL instructor. I asked the same question of my instructor.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    With or without a gun... separating the two and holding them until the cops can sort it out would be the best possible scenario in my opinion. Playing judge and jury could get sticky when all you were doing was trying to help.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Pretty much what TR said. If the aggressor hasn't stopped his/her actions after your gun has been drawn and aimed (and a verbal command given to stop choking the other person, before or after you draw), then you'd really have no choice but to either pull the trigger or live with the fact that your inaction most likely led to someone's death.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    With or without a gun... separating the two and holding them until the cops can sort it out would be the best possible scenario in my opinion. Playing judge and jury could get sticky when all you were doing was trying to help.

Agreed. But if the assault didn't stop upon command, then you don't have a whole lot of choice if you intend to look yourself in the mirror, IMO. But *IF* you pull the trigger and it gets to a jury, as long as you can reasonably vocalize your concern for the immediate life of the victim, I don't see a Texas jury finding you guilty of anything.

Flat Lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sundown
    I'm pretty sure that faced with looking down the barrel of a .45, that almost anybody would stop choking the other guy when you tell him to. If he didn't, then I think you could assume that he was the "bad guy", and not somebody defending themselves. Therefore shooting him would be justified.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I'm pretty sure that faced with looking down the barrel of a .45, that almost anybody would stop choking the other guy when you tell him to. If he didn't, then I think you could assume that he was the "bad guy", and not somebody defending themselves. Therefore shooting him would be justified.

Shazaam!

Top Bottom