• ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wonder how many older .32 revolvers got rechambered. I've never seen one but I'm told it happened.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I wonder how many older .32 revolvers got rechambered. I've never seen one but I'm told it happened.
    Until Henry released their carbine in 327, I was seriously shopping for a Marlin 1894 (that I could afford) to send to Ranger Point Precision to have rechambered.
    While the Henry was not cheap, it ended up saving me considerably.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

OK, for an up-date recap:

Does anyone here actually carry a .327 Mag. revolver regularly?

Or, 2 or more of them ?

Which cartridge loads ?

Please tell about YOUR experiences with them. Any brand ?

leVieux

<>

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    <>

OK, for an up-date recap:

Does anyone here actually carry a .327 Mag. revolver regularly?

Or, 2 or more of them ?

Which cartridge loads ?

Please tell about YOUR experiences with them. Any brand ?

leVieux

<>
    I do not carry one regularly, but I have carried one on occasion in the past.
    A Ruger LCR loaded with Speer 100gr GDHP.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I have a little S&W J-frame airweight in 32H&R that I like a lot and carry often, as can be seen from condition. It is a pleasure to shoot using 32L and I wish it was 327FM for carry.

IMG_20231119_085136.jpg

TXTad

Jul 6, 2021
    Flower Mound, TX
    A year ago I purchased a Bisley style Ruger Single Seven in .327. I have yet to find any reasonably priced brass. I did see that some is starting to become available, but it's still a bit higher than .357. I'm paying attention to other projects right now, so I'll wait a little longer until I can just order it from Starline's website.

Charley

Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I missed a chance at a J frame in 32 H&R several years back. Was at a local pawn shop, for just over $200 or there about. The 32 H&R has always been a favorite of mine, have a Ruger Single Six in 32 H&R. Anybody remember Skeeter Skelton writing about the H&R in Shooting Times? He worked up loads for it, just using eyeball checks looking for pressure signs. Turns out the loads were pretty much equal or close to what became the 327. When Shooting Times sent some of his loads to be actually pressure tested, they damn near defecated themselves, and ran notices for a few months telling their readers to NOT use the data Skelton wrote and they published.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I missed a chance at a J frame in 32 H&R several years back. Was at a local pawn shop, for just over $200 or there about. The 32 H&R has always been a favorite of mine, have a Ruger Single Six in 32 H&R. Anybody remember Skeeter Skelton writing about the H&R in Shooting Times? He worked up loads for it, just using eyeball checks looking for pressure signs. Turns out the loads were pretty much equal or close to what became the 327. When Shooting Times sent some of his loads to be actually pressure tested, they damn near defecated themselves, and ran notices for a few months telling their readers to NOT use the data Skelton wrote and they published.
    <>

Good thing they never met old Roy Weatherby. . . . . . . .

<>

Top Bottom