• vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    a Lenovo Laptop:banghead:
    :crash::crash::crash::crash:

it has been the absolute worst pile of steaming monkey guts I have ever spent money on
    and the I would love to find the hipster looking little cocksucker at worstbuy and shove it up his ass sideways.

I freaking hate Lenovo. It has been the worst computer for just surfing or doing any video edits. just a while ago it froze up and when I tried to restart it, the display apparently went out so it is now laying on the floor, partially busted to hell because I have had my fill of that son of a bitch.
    I kept the hard drive in tact, maybe I can pull it out and save some files but I am thinking if I replace it, I can log in with the same Microsoft identity and it should all be saved and restored.
    When I bought it new about 10 months back, during the set up, I used my old Microsoft ID and when it started, all of my desktop files and internet favorites and settings were loaded onto it somehow.
    that crap is all above me, I don't understand how it works but it was sort of cool.
    maybe it will work again and my folders will be put onto the new laptop, then I can take the Lenovo out and put some 45s though it, then burn it with fire
    DK Firearms

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    the touchpad that controls the mouse has been nothing but a aggravation. Sticking, erratic movement
    IE and Mozilla barely worked on it while being super fast on my 5 year old HP that I am on now.
    you could type in a complete address and it would just sit there,......nothing and just spin like it was trying to load
    sometimes if you hit the enter key a second or third time it would go right to the site.

I have never disliked any electronic device as much as I have that POS
    I can't wait to shoot it full of holes

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Downloading all your personal data to an overworked server in China just slowed the system down. That's all.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Lenovo usually are good comps. Probably software issue. If you didn't encrypt your HDD all you have to do is put into another computer and your files will be there. Simply. You can even buy a housing for it that'll make into an external USB HDD for like $20.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Most of the computer parts are now made in China. I would see the big boxes of parts from foxconn sitting in the assembly area when I worked at HP.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Lenovo usually are good comps. Probably software issue. If you didn't encrypt your HDD all you have to do is put into another computer and your files will be there. Simply. You can even buy a housing for it that'll make into an external USB HDD for like $20.

really? now that is freaking good news. I will look into this, all I need is a laptop hard drive housing and it will make it USB plug and play?

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    really? now that is freaking good news. I will look into this, all I need is a laptop hard drive housing and it will make it USB plug and play?
    Correct. Just make sure you get the right housing for your HDD as there are many sizes and pin layouts. I've got two old drives that are still kicking (one is over 10 years old).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    All I need to know about Lenovo: http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/19/technology/security/lenovo-superfish/

They're NOT IBM any more - they're Chinese manufactured spy machines.

But not just one, or twice, but three times they've been caught putting the Superfish malware on their computers!

And the "instructions" they provided to remove it are woefully inadequate.

http://arstechnica.com/security/201...uperfish-malware-what-lenovo-doesnt-tell-you/

Of course, guess what kind of laptops we have at work?!?

Torchrider

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Central Texas
    Most Computers from HP, IBM/Lenovo, Dell and many more are made in China or Mexico. Just like every thing else. This country manufactures (almost) nothing.

Top Bottom