• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Come to think of it, I don't think what I was shooting were those Super Colibri rounds. They were just the Aquila Colibri (I bought them long ago). If memory serves me correctly they were listed as just over 200 fps. Extremely quiet but probably not too deadly on even small critters! :green:

(They would kill a beer can though!)

I perforated about 100 rats with those Colibris when the old lady behind my parents' place had an old standalone garage cave in
    Hurley's Gold

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Aguola Colibri (the blue box) will not kill a raccoon at point blank range out of a 10/22. The round barely made it out of the barrel. With my Trail NP pellet gun and a 14.3gr .22 pellet, it was lights out. Very quiet gun for that much power.

Last edited:

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Aguola Colibri (the blue box) will not kill a raccoon at point blank range out of a 10/22. The round barely made it out of the barrel. With my Trail NP pellet gun and a 14.3gr .22 pellet, it was lights out. Very quiet gun for that much power.

I gave a box to a friend of mine who used them on raccoons in a .22 AR with good success

sent from my mobile potato using crapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Along those lines, a friend of mine shot a deer square in the top of the head with Remington thunderbolt from <10 feet away. Knocked the deer stupid for a minute or two but didn't even break the skin we watched it knock him down. He got up a d stumbled sideways and fell again on his face. He then staggered to his feet and he ran (half sideways) about 100 yards to his back fence where it kinda walrused over the fence and laid down for a little bit. We looked for blood and when we went back there about 20 minutes later the deer was gone. He's still alive but hasn't been within 2 houses of his in a year now....

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Along those lines, a friend of mine shot a deer square in the top of the head with Remington thunderbolt from <10 feet away. Knocked the deer stupid for a minute or two but didn't even break the skin we watched it knock him down. He got up a d stumbled sideways and fell again on his face. He then staggered to his feet and he ran (half sideways) about 100 yards to his back fence where it kinda walrused over the fence and laid down for a little bit. We looked for blood and when we went back there about 20 minutes later the deer was gone. He's still alive but hasn't been within 2 houses of his in a year now....

Yeah, probably don't do that again. Illegal, unethical, and the like.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Ya, that guy doesnt have the best track record for brains or accuracy... He also insists his 13$ half gallon of scotch is just as good as my 60$ bottle of glenlevit and McAllen......

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Ya, that guy doesnt have the best track record for brains or accuracy... He also insists his 13$ half gallon of scotch is just as good as my 60$ bottle of glenlevit and McAllen......

The dollar sign goes before the number. It's Glenlivet. It's Macallan.

Sounds like y'all are two peas in a pod.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Ha. Ouch. Auto correct on the second name, misspelling on the first. Can't win em all. Learn to enjoy life instead of pointing out flaws. Believe me, I know all my flaws much better than you bud.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Holy frankenpost batman!

I don't think I did mention it but my bolt action is an old winchester 72.

I once heart shot a turkey from 70 yards with a 22 SHORT! using open sights. Didny even take a step, it just collapsed where it was at. I claim 40% luck, 30% gun, and 30% bad ass mo fo!

Man, I have put so many rounds through that guns. I got it from my grandpa when he got Alzheimer's

Top Bottom