• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have a surplus czech flare pistol and I was wondering since I live outside of the city limits and on 1 1/2 acre of land if I can shoot a flare? Wouldnt that be like shooting fireworks? Might be better to shoot it during the 4th or new years.
    Gun Zone Deals

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I believe there is a likelihood of it burning on the ground, and starting a fire. I am not sure what kind of vegetation is around You, but if it's anything like the tinderbox around here, I would be cautious.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    so its it worse than shooting mortars on the 4th? or roman candles?

I played around with the walmart flare gun.

The flare doesn't go out as fast. But it's not that much longer. Plus it's loud when you shoot it. About as loud as a 22short.

Usually the flare gos out before it hits the ground.(shot, pointed straight up) You can shoot it at stuff and the flare with burn what ever it touches. It will set grass on fire.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    DON"T shoot a flare like that for fun over the water. I had a coast guard friend that went on a bunch of wild goose chases over such false alarms, especially red or orange colored flares.

It could be a no no to shoot a distress flare when there is no emergency on land as well.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    I fired off one of those plastic boat flare guns that come in the kit. Son of a bitch went about 10 feet in the air and burned for about 45 seconds on my hot tub cover. That cost me 275 bucks to replace.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    could I shoot it at a burn pile?

Yep. The flare gun from walmart would shoot past 20yards. It would be a safe way to ignite gasoline on a burn pile. Point and shoot.

I fired off one of those plastic boat flare guns that come in the kit. Son of a bitch went about 10 feet in the air and burned for about 45 seconds on my hot tub cover. That cost me 275 bucks to replace.

Thats too funny....

DBDawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Mont Belvieu, TX
    I have a flare gun and flares from way back when Baytown had a volunteer fire department...I thnk its from the early 60's. Been afraid to shoot it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom