• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    We've all heard it, but I'm curious of the history. Why is Wal Mart the de-facto first carry destination? FWIW I carried the picture of the gun I lost in the great TGT boat sinking to my kid's swim lessons. Just so happened to be where we were headed the day the plastic came in.
    Military Camp

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    It's not de facto. It's a rite of passage

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's true. A soon as my plastic came in I noticed I was low on bacon. So I headed over to my local super walmart to get more bacon. And yes I did carry.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

ALCSTUDIOS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Irving Tx
    There is an instruction sheet in the same envelope your plastic came in, you need to go look again cause it says "Now git yo azz to walmartz"

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    The origin may be hard to pin down. I recieved my chl in minnesota many years ago (you can open carry there by the way.) Ironically on the minnesota gun talk forum they also talked about a Wally Walk. I had a good laugh when I saw the same thing here. I thought it was a crazy local thing.

AdamT.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Walsmart is depressing, I don't go there.

Where did I first carry...HEB!

I know what you mean, I mainly shop at Albertson's or Kroger because I'm sick and tired of seeing wanna-be Trayvon Martins walking around with their shorts down around their knees and their nasty boxers hanging out. Wal-Mart doesn't give a shit what their customer's dress code is, hence so many "People of Wal-Mart" pictures on the internet.

OldGringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    S.W. Houston Area
    Thanks for the reminder. Friend from the cigar shop received his plastic yesterday so I need to print out the old Wally World Tactical Map and present it to him.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    My first destination was Wal Mart, that is because of geographical, and shopping needs. I needed a shirt, some groceries, and desert. So it went like this down 181. Wal Mart first, got shirt. Then a bit further down the road was HEB, got groceries. Finished up at DQ which was just a bit further. Of course, people stared at me at Wal Mart, but HEB and DQ are All Texas, so nobody noticed. :cool:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Also, walmarts are just about everywhere, have just about anything, none are posted 30.06 or equivalent at any stores across the country, and there are so many weird people there that no one would notice if you had a desert eagle OWB under a spandex shirt so it's a great confidence builder.

Don't know the origins, but that's why I think it works and gained such popularity.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Walmart was my first as well in '04 in WA lol I even remember what I wore. Don't remember what I bought, I think it was yard stuff as I checked out in the garden checkout counter. I swore I was doing something wrong and was going to get caught at anytime.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    walmart-tactical.jpg

Top Bottom