Venture Surplus ad

What's the strangest booze you ever drank?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Sake is a strange drink. It's either VERY good or horrible. I haven't had much in between and price seems to have little to do with whether or not I'll like it.

Wow, I've tried way too many of these drinks. I'd say I was an alcoholic if it weren't for the fact I've never been to a meeting...

Anyways, for Sake I really like Genbei-San No Onikoroshi Sake, also known as Four Eyed Devil.
    four eyed demon.JPG
    This stuff is devilishly easy to drink. Its very mild with just a touch of sweetness and a hint of caramel and vanilla. Next thing you know you are talented, funny, and have a great singing voice.
    Target Sports

Attachments

• four eyed demon.JPG
      four eyed demon.JPG
      26 KB · Views: 512
    Last edited:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I've had piscos and mescal in peru, absinthe in prague, and all that. But the weirdest was at home. My wife went to Thailand for some work thing, and brought back a bottle that was supposedly made with a slain snake. It tasted horrible and I found up feeling about as horrible after.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    A shot called “cement mixer”

Wiki explains it better than I can:

The drink is traditionally ingested by taking the shot of Baileys, holding it in the mouth, then sipping the lime juice and mixing both liquids either by swirling them around in the mouth or shaking the head. The drink may also be combined as a layered shot, as the lime juice is less dense than most brands of Irish Cream.

The acidic lime juice causes the cream-based Baileys to curdle. The curdled Baileys does not taste sour, but it does rapidly gain viscosity and stick to the drinker's teeth, reminiscent of cement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    When I was in Japan, everyone’s favorite shot was Habu Sake, or Habushu, which still had the pit viper in the bottom of the bottle. I never understood why it was so popular, it was pretty nasty tasting, and very expensive.
    Was coming in here to mention that one too. I didn’t have it but my brother did. He said he could feel his arm tingling and getting numb. I decided to pass.

In South Korea they have Soju and some places mixed it with some energy drink. Pretty good stuff. Some place right outside Osan Air base called the concoction “Kettles” as they served in these small kettles and the liquid glowed bright green under black lights.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Many, many years ago, we had a friend who was from Jamaica, and he would go back home to visit family about every six months or so. He would "smuggle" a few bottles of authentic Jamaican rum back for us. That stuff was potent!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    When I was in S Korea the favorite was a champagne named "Oscar". Expensive 50 cents a bottle. Tasted sorta like Hawaiian Punch. Easy to drink a bottle. Just watch the first step off the stool on the way to piss. The floor is closer to your face than you realize.

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Ouzo reminds me of Nyquil or Black Licorice. It's good though!

Dang, seems all I got is booze stories...

So my Army tour included a stint on the island of Crete which leads me to my Ouzo story. First a little set up. Summer there is incredibly hot, 110 degrees on a regular basis. But the humidity is almost zero, so your sweat evaporates almost instantly, you don't realize how hot you are and it is incredibly easy to dehydrate.

So these two new recruits grab a bottle of Ouzo each and head to the beach to party it up. Not realizing that both the sun and the alcohol were dehydrating them like jerky until they eventually passed out. Buddy of mine who was a medic said when they got them in the ER they were so dehydrated their nuts were the size of raisins.

Fortunately they both recovered and learned that the way to drink Ouzo during a Greek summer is mixing it with ice water. And yeah, if you like licorice, it's pretty tasty!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Retsina!

It's a Greek wine that tastes like drinking liquid pine needles.

It's freaking awful, but if you keep drinking it, it eventually tastes good...weird.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    They're not strange but different than my normal drinking fare:

My buddy's homemade Apple Jack

Apfelkorn

Both of those sneak up on you something fierce.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The town I grew up in was loaded with greeks. My first ouzo experiance was the first ever lamb roast I ever went to. A buddies grandpa just kept pouring as we ate snacks waiting for the lamb. It was the first time I ate an eyeball, which impressed the old man. He made me the guest of honor & taught me the art of eating a roasted lambs head.

When I got home I never made it inside because I was so sick. The next morning my dad made me clean up an impressive array of various old world greek snacks I threw up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom