• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mirage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nah...

I will bring HK91 .308... I want to outgun and out range those with AK and AR's. If they are wearing body armor, .308 will negate that. Nothing like opening fire at 600+ yds. and not really fearing them. .308 stops people in their tracks, negates target cover, and is a far better hunting round.

Out gunning the opposition is always a good thing...

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    If we are going the bigger is better route I'm bringing my cousins Marlin Guide gun in 45-70 no such thing as cover with that round.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    If we are going the bigger is better route I'm bringing my cousins Marlin Guide gun in 45-70 no such thing as cover with that round.

Amen brother. Love my Marlin 1895 .45-70

I love this excerpt from The Box O' Truth on the .45-70...

It went through 12 boards of sheetrock, busted the water jug really nicely, busted the brick to pieces, and exited the back board...carrying a brick and half of the back pine board with it, and was last seen headed down range, mad as the dickens.

Moral of this lesson:

Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

Brownman0311

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2013
    This and my M&P 45. My family will carry the rest.
    0bf5d739-ccc6-4dba-b0d4-56a07f207d26_zpsccf7c85b.jpg

I'm disabled so I'll be sitting on top of a hill somewhere

Last edited:

davec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    South Texas
    9mm Beretta Cx4 carbine and something like 150-200 cartridges, four or five magazines and a Ruger Speed Six .357 revolver are mine.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I'm not worried about body armor. If the bad guys have it when shtf and I can't hide or get away I'm just screwed.
    I would take my AR in 5.45 and my ruger 22/45 lite. I shoot them best and I have tons of ammo ready to carry out for both of them.
    Hopefully my wife won't get us killed and we can get out together. She would carry either a moss 500 or 930 and her ruger LCR. I don't have any other handguns and she's been training with the LCR and it's her edc.
    Husband/wife AR AND shotgun couple surviving on the Texas coast - sounds like an action movie.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    My suppressed 11.5" AR-15 SBR along with my H&K USP 9mm. The latter has got a threaded barrel and SilencerCo Osprey for quiet work if needed (though it'll be tough to get ahold of 147 grain ammo) plus 18+1 capacity with the Jet Funnel kit.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I will bring HK91 .308... I want to outgun and out range those with AK and AR's. If they are wearing body armor, .308 will negate that. Nothing like opening fire at 600+ yds. and not really fearing them. .308 stops people in their tracks, negates target cover, and is a far better hunting round.

Out gunning the opposition is always a good thing...

Good point. I s'pose I could grab my 51 clone but it's neither quiet nor subtle. I'm not even sure how it'd do at distance.

Top Bottom