• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Another vote for the Neos, mine eats everything and is a blast to shoot. The sights are a negative, but otherwise the 6" model is very balanced an a great shooter!

Still, my favorite .22LR pistol at the moment is (embarrassingly enough) my single shot, bolt action Keystone Chipmunk!

pix549624254_zpscdfdd84f.jpg

Amazingly accurate, fiber optic sights, an absolute hoot to shoot and in these days of hard-to-find .22 ammo, it doesn't eat through rounds like there's no tomorrow!

The downside is that they are tough to find and the manual loading and cocking method is tedious. Otherwise, they'll run subsonic ammo and simply look nothing like anything else you'll see at the range. Honestly, it looks more like something Captain Jack Sparrow would carry!

My SIG Skeeter is also a fun .22 pistol, it's only issue is that it has to be run wet to cycle properly.

Cheers! M2
    DK Firearms

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    The woodwork on that is beautiful. That's one I'd put over my mantle.

Another vote for the Neos, mine eats everything and is a blast to shoot. The sights are a negative, but otherwise the 6" model is very balanced an a great shooter!

Still, my favorite .22LR pistol at the moment is (embarrassingly enough) my single shot, bolt action Keystone Chipmunk!

pix549624254_zpscdfdd84f.jpg

Amazingly accurate, fiber optic sights, an absolute hoot to shoot and in these days of hard-to-find .22 ammo, it doesn't eat through rounds like there's no tomorrow!

The downside is that they are tough to find and the manual loading and cocking method is tedious. Otherwise, they'll run subsonic ammo and simply look nothing like anything else you'll see at the range. Honestly, it looks more like something Captain Jack Sparrow would carry!

My SIG Skeeter is also a fun .22 pistol, it's only issue is that it has to be run wet to cycle properly.

Cheers! M2

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    My favorite is a High Standard Supermatic Citation, the down side is that I can only use standard velocity ammo and I am almost out. My next favorite is a MkI Ruger, it is accurate and eats anything.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    This one is my latest go-to bullseye gun this season. Army-issued Colt Gov't commercial frame, Marvel aluminum .22 upper, Ultra-Dot red-dot sight. This one groups into less than .5" at 50 yds from a machine rest. It has EGW internals, aluminum trigger, Hoag grip safety and an AMU-tuned 2.2 lb roll trigger. Awesome.
    Bob

DSC_2570_zpseb02e690.jpg

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I really like my Ruger 22/45 MKIII. Although, I have been wanting to get a Buck Mark, lately.

Vernix

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Once was Mexico.
    NO!
    Don't make me choose just one!

a. The one I'd never part with....my Beretta 70s because it's the first gun I bought with my own money as a student.
    Solid old steel single action semi-auto plinker.

b. The one I've used to instruct novice shooters and hook a couple of anti-gun types....Ruger Single-Six with CB caps.
    Great to learn safety, trigger control, sight alignment etc.

c. The one that's way more accurate than I am....old 1966 Browning Challenger that just puts bullets where I point them like magic. Sublime trigger.

d. Most fun with friends....threaded Ruger SR22 with Silencerco Sparrow silencer. Jaw dropping quiet and eats everything I stuff into it.
    Guaranteed smiles and sounds like a handclap.

The one I don't have but want...., .22 conversion for my Sig 226.

I'd give up all my bigger-bore guns but never my dear little rim fires!!!!!

Any .22 and a brick of ammo is nitrocellulose Nirvana.

Last edited:

Elitebowman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    I have a Ruger Single Six, .22LR, and .22Mag. cylinder. Passed down to me from my late father. I use for trapping. Love the gun.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    1. Ruger Super Single Six (.22LR and .22WMR cylinders);
    2. Beretta 89 Target pistol;
    3. Beretta 87 w/threaded, extended barrel;
    4. Sig P226 w/.22LR conversion kit w/threaded, extended barrel;
    5. Sig P228 w/.22LR conversion kit w/threaded, extended barrel; &
    6. Sig Mosquito w/Jarvis threaded, extended barrel.

Of these, the most fun to shoot are the Beretta 87 and the Sig P228.

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    My Sig Sauer 1911 22lr allows me to shoot a couple hundred rounds in an afternoon without having to consult my banker first. It is like shooting any 1911 until you pull the trigger.
    Sigwmagssmall.jpg

bmac1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Mine would be my Hammerli 215...but since it seems that is not really a 'budget-friendly' one...then it would have to be my personally modified Model 41 or High Stnd. They both are fitted with aluminum barrel shrouds because I'm a weakling, LOL. In the pics, the 41's aluminum version is lying next to it - I modded the steel 41 target barrel for optics...cause I loath weaver rails :)

DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

Oh - I guess I can note my (opinion :P) awesome re-purposing of M15 cylinder lock buttons on my Hi Stnd, hehe.

My "why" would be because they're both extremely fun to shoot and accurate enough that beer cans or the 10 ring don't really stand a chance...and I don;t go broke; they'll eat and shoot anything.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My first was a Smith 422. Great shooter. In fact, all of my kids learned to shoot with that pistol. Its small enough that a kid can handle it, and I've never had a jam. When Walmart stopped selling pistols almost 20 years ago, I bought this one on clearance for $140 (I think). I still have it, and my grandkids will learn to shoot with this one.

I also have a Heritage Rough Rider revolver. Its a cheapie I got for $99 on black friday. The first trip out, I nailed a coon from 30 yds. Its a very acurate gun, and is just rugged. I have always wanted a Ruger Bearcat or Convertable 22. But this one is a fraction of the price, and a great shooter.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Anything Ben has...lol

I have a longer barreled NEOS Ive had it forever its a sweet little pistol, but the grip could be a little larger. itll eat whatever you feed it. I plan on the M&P 22 next

Last edited:
    Top Bottom