wheel man

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by boots2200, Nov 18, 2008.

1. boots2200

boots2200 New Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Kempner Texas
    any revolver men beside myself that like the 41 mag,and carry it.i use a shoulder holster with two speed loaders.thinking about adding the 44 Sp by smith & Wesson, never owned a 44 Sp.anyone suggest a good 44 Sp?
    what revolvers do you carry,or like the best.

2. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    I like my S&W registered the best.I also have a 19-2 that I like to shoot.
    [​IMG]

3. djspump2003

djspump2003 Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I haven't shot a revolver I like better than my Colt Python. However, I carry a Walther PPS 9mm b/c there is no way I could conceal the Python.

4. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The only revolver I have is a Uberti SAA clone in .45 Colt. It shoots great and I can hit what I'm going for with it.

5. Stephen A. Camp

Stephen A. Camp Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Southwest
    Hello. While I do enjoy some semiautos a great deal to be sure, I have always had an equal fondness for revolvers. (Heck! I guess my "disease" is very severe; I like 'em all!)

I have but one .41 magnum at the time. It is a refinished Model 58 that I bought used but in good shape a few years ago.

[​IMG]
    This is my Model 58. It is wearing long-discontinued Fitz "Gunfighter" grips. Though I've wagged this one along with me on several deer hunts, the only game I've taken with it was the deadly "Texas Man-Eating Armadillo."

Though I have rarely carried it for self-protection, it has not been often, primarily due to a lack of factory ammunition in both the bullet weight and velocity I'd like to see for self defense use.

I am most fond of the design and wish that S&W would bring back the Model 58 in .41 Magnum, .44 Special, .44 Magnum and .45 Colt. Though the gun didn't sell that well before, I really think that it would now. I'd hope that it came w/o the built-in storage lock.

The revolver that I carry the most is a well-worn S&W Model 642 and it's usually toted via a pocket holster. Around the house, it might very well be the primary as it might in the immediate neighborhood.

[​IMG]
    This Model 642 is toted pretty much daily (and nightly) in either a Galco or High Noon pocket holster. It is loaded with Remington 158-gr. LHP +P. The grips are the inexpensive Precision "HideOut" grips and I modified the left-side panel to work with HKS speed loaders.

When toting a smallish belt revolver, the S&W becomes the BUG.

[​IMG]
    In certain instances, I've carried the Ruger .357 SP101 concealed but in a belt holster while retaining the 642 in a pocket holster. The Ruger is loaded with a mid-power load, Corbon 125-gr. DPX. The HKS speed loader that fits the S&W J-frame will also work with the SP101, so I can carry a reload (albeit .38 Special) without concern for which revolver it fits.

Now and again, I carry a K-frame DAO S&W Model 64, also with the Remington load previously mentioned.

[​IMG]
    This Model 64 was purchased used but in good mechanical shape, though with a few minor dings. Once I shot it a few times, seeing that it worked properly and that the sights were "on", I've carried it concealed a few times and use also use it as a "house gun".

Best.

6. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Nice collection of revolvers, Stephen! I love that 58!

7. Acesn8's

Acesn8's Well-Known

Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    I have been thinkin about carrying my .41 magnum for quite a while ,i even posted this question on another forum last month.I got frustrated and took
    it to a gun show to sell it all I heard was ''wow nice.41 don't see those any more'' kinda glad I didn't sell her she's real nice to shoot been a safe queen for nearly twenty years just hard to find that concealment rig.
    S&W 657 3'' I have since put a set of Houge grips cuz of her bark.
    [​IMG]

8. pawncop

pawncop Active Member

Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    While I carry a self loading pistol as primary duty and off duty, I love the older revolvers, particulary S&W.

9. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    never shot a .41 but really want one and will prrobally be my next purchase

10. Texas-Aviator

Texas-Aviator New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Caldwell
    A smith 625 guy here. I have 2 and just love them. I also have a 627 PC and just this past weekend, loaded about 1000 rounds to go plink with.
    Daryl