• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    When do you reach the point that you decide it's time to sell a gun? I know there's probably more than a few of you that never do and I used to think that way.

I'm having a Marie Kondo

701376bbbee91a175b218b557f6324d3.jpg

moment right now and there's a couple of guns in my collection that every time I look at them I just don't want to shoot them.

They're run of the mill so nothing special but I keep thinking I could dump them and use the funds to get something I really want.

Am I insane or do others do this too?
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• 701376bbbee91a175b218b557f6324d3.jpg
      701376bbbee91a175b218b557f6324d3.jpg
      88.7 KB · Views: 696

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I never shoot any of my rifles.

I could count on one hand the amount of times I've shot any of my rifles or shotguns in 40 years.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have sold of guns to pay for other projects. Currently I'm living off of savings & the need to sell toys have not really come up. A while back I could have sold my Garand but it didn't happen & I am fine with that.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    30 years ago I sold 5 pistols to get a $2500 race gun for IPSC. The only one I regretted selling was the HK P7, but back then you could find them everywhere.

Then 10 years ago I needed some cash influx for my business. I sold about 20 guns at Market Hall in Dallas.

Other than those two occasions I just don’t sell guns. Maybe because I keep dropping them in the lake when hunting.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I haven’t sold a gun in decades. I’ve traded exactly one gun in the same time.

I’ve also gifted a few.

In the end, it’s your property and your decision and if you’re happy with whatever the end result is, that’s all that matters.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I can count the number of guns I have on one hand. But since September when I bought my first gun I’ve had 12 different ones.

Springfield XD
    Glock 19.4
    Kahr P9
    Glock 19.3
    Glock 22.4
    Glock 43
    S&W shield
    Charter Arms Ultra Light
    Sig scorpion 1911
    Glock 32 (hated that one)
    Glock 26.5
    Glock 19.4 MOS

Yeah I’m a gun ho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I'm selfish....if it goes home with it me...it stays at home...while I do shoot the majority of the collection from time to time, there are a few that are never shot......

I just finished reading the Ruger 10/22 by Wm. E. Workman.....

Who knew 10/22's were collectible?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I haven't sold any of them yet. I do regret an even trade I made back in 1993. I traded a S&W Model 19-x Combat Magnum with nickel finish, for a Gen 2 Glock 17. Dumbass. Didn't know what I had. I only paid $150 for it, but it was like new.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Very, VERY few of mine are "protected class" - guns that I'd never consider selling (such as my Randall collection, which took 30 years for me to finally complete). MOST of my .45's, though, will likely never be sold - I have this urge to build the collection to 100 for whatever reason. Maybe it's because I don't really have any other consuming hobbies, but .45's are my weakness - just ask my wife, who's patiently watched as the safe collection has grown to accommodate them.....lol IIRC, I'm now at 77 - so it's gradually getting there.
    Rifles.....meh - I've got a few, some of which (like my Sauer 101 in .243) were a spur-of-the-moment purchase (I'm a sucker for nice wood stocks). I had a .308 with probably one of the best-looking stocks I ever saw that I sold to my oldest boy simply because I wanted to divest myself of some of my oddball calibers. I've got 22-250. .243, .35, 7mm mag, 30-06, 8x57JR, 300BO, 5.56 - pretty sure I've got a 45-70 in there somewhere, as well....lol And let's not talk about the shotguns, eh? Sometimes, I just can't help myself - one demands to come home with me! There's something to be said for having the kids all grown and gone, and having just ONE hobby!
    Almost any of 'em I'd sell if the urge hit me, or someone wanted it bad enough. And in the past, life's demands required me to - a couple of times. Some I held on to no matter what, but most were no big deal to get rid of - I could always get another. One long gun I've ALWAYS had, though, was a 788 in .243 - that particular gun is one that I've always sworn by, and have recommended to more than one hunter - it's just a consistent tack driver.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Only gun I ever sold was my son's 20g that we got when he was much smaller. It was to short for any of use to use any more and he never really liked it anyway. I sill sometimes think I should have kept it. Other than that I sold my first bow way back when to get a newer one. I have since tried to track it down and get it back. I love all my guns and each one has a memory associated with it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Besides their particular monetary value, I don't have any special sentimental value toward any guns I own. They come and go as needed or desired. Buy, sell, or trade as I wish and can afford.

It really means nothing to me at the end of the day. Just material things.

That being said, I don't have any collectables or heirlooms. Those would be a little different.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Funny timing since I have 4 rifles and a revolver that were mine from 20 years ago that I was only able to retrieve from a relative after their passing. None have any real value, one example is a Kmart 20 gauge. But my boss is interested in buying them all! The Ted Williams .22 rifle brings back memories from when I was a kid but none of my grown children are interested and I realize I'll probably never shoot that rifle.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Funny timing since I have 4 rifles and a revolver that were mine from 20 years ago that I was only able to retrieve from a relative after their passing. None have any real value, one example is a Kmart 20 gauge. But my boss is interested in buying them all! The Ted Williams .22 rifle brings back memories from when I was a kid but none of my grown children are interested and I realize I'll probably never shoot that rifle.
    Since they have had such a long absence take them to the range first and then decide if you want to sell them.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'd like to leave my daughter the option to sell at this point. I figure even if she gave them away for fire sale pricing it would still be a nice little lump sum for her.

Top Bottom