Venture Surplus ad

When getting a ticket, is there ever a good answer to ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    What about a tray of donuts when ya walk up to the window?

<innocent look>
    It would be a first for me, and insanely hilarious. That might earn a warning.

Question about that one: do violations dismissed by taking DD or deferred disposition still show up when a LEO checks for a history of violations?
    DD shows up when we check your DL. Not sure about the deferred disposition.
    Lynx Defense

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I've got to hijack the thread to celebrate. Yesterday I passed a milestone. I received my 10th warning for speeding since my last speeding ticket!

This time was from DPS going down Parmer Lane. I was in a hurry and was passing on the right, til I saw him and slowed down.
    Did the flashers til I could turn down a small road and pull over safely, hands on dash where could be seen, sir - just wanna let you know I'm a CHL holder. Firearm in console to my right - won't go near it. Yes sir/no sir. Thanks for the warning sir.

Don't understand the whole cops are dicks thing. I am polite and respectful to them - they are more than fair with me.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Then he proceeded to bitch me out about how cops hate being followed and you should NEVER pass a cop.

???

I pass cops all the time and have never been pulled over for it. I don't do it dangerously even if I am going just a few over the speed limit. I figure they have better things to do than write someone a ticket for going three miles over. I'm not a cop but I'd imagine it kinda makes you look bad in front of your collegues if you couldn't find something more important than that to spend time on.

It was CA so that probably explains a little. In CA there is the Government and then there are the subjects. Sounds like the guy has little man syndrome. He's probably the same kind of guy you pass on the highway only to see zoom past you a few seconds later going 25 over just to prove he's better than you.:rolleyes:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Last year my son was pulled over between Portland and Aransas Pass for 115 in a 65.....He told the Trooper "Well Sir, I had my head so far up my A$$ I couldn't see the dash". He did get a ticket, but he didn't go to jail........

I've had one ticket in over 40 years...a Rookie who would have given his Grandmother a ticket....

Yield as quickly and safely as possible, be polite and don't lie...

Brainman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Pflugerville
    I regularly pass cops. They are generally cruising well under the speed limit and the traffic gets all messed up because of people that are afraid to pass. That ticks me off to no end. Please, please, please, just do the speed limit. It's really not that hard.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Last year my son was pulled over between Portland and Aransas Pass for 115 in a 65.....He told the Trooper "Well Sir, I had my head so far up my A$$ I couldn't see the dash". He did get a ticket, but he didn't go to jail........

I've had one ticket in over 40 years...a Rookie who would have given his Grandmother a ticket....

Yield as quickly and safely as possible, be polite and don't lie...

Good news is they bumped it up to 75 and have the overpass finished there, there's been so many times I should have been pulled over on that road it's not even funny.

Top Bottom