• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I didnt realize finding an old 4x4 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck would be this hard. By old I mean 70's- mid 90's. All the ones on craigslist are all 97- and up. Even around town nothing.. If I do find an old truck its 2wd not 4 or its way over priced or their dual rear wheel trucks. Where are the old fords with big v8s or dodge 12 valve diesels!!!! Im thinking of driving up towards the farm and hit all the small towns. What the heck is going on here?
    Venture Surplus ad

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    People are hauling autos and trucks to the scrap yards to be chewed into little chunks. Near here they must be cut in two, no fuel tank before they will accept them. Makes life hard for seekers of older vehicles and restorers....

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    People are hauling autos and trucks to the scrap yards to be chewed into little chunks.
    Yeah, and that really pisses me off. The cash for clunkers BS destroyed a lot of decent cars... Another problem is that they end up being sent to Mexico, too. Keep looking on craigslist, tho. That's where I found my '85 F250. Was cheap, too...

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    A friend of mine buys military CUCV trucks and sales them. I bought one and pulled the 6.2 diesel out and put a 350 gasburner in it. They are classified as 1.25 ton vehicles. Come with Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear axles, 4.56 gears, and lockers in rear. Turbo 400 auto tranny with a NP208. The one I bought is an 85 model with 45,000 miles on it. They make great run around the farm trucks. Put a 6 inch lift on it and 37 inch super swampers.
    DSC01333.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Top Bottom