Gun Zone Deals

"where can I get some decent, cheap game cams".

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Update: Disregard. I did a bit of research, and this particular website appears to be a scam.

So, let's turn this into "where can I get some decent, cheap game cams".

I am looking to add some additional game cameras to the perimeter of the property. Several times I've been able to buy four packs of tractor supply for about $100. They usually last one to two years, and serve my purpose. I ran across this website which shows six cameras for a price it seems too good to be true.

Six Browning compact cameras with SD cards for $59.18. Scam?
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-140558_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20220523-140558_Chrome.jpg
      126.6 KB · Views: 45
    Last edited:

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Midway has a 3 pack for $99, without SD cards, but it's larger cameras.

I've got a lot of logging activity on some of the properties around me, and I'm just making sure that I don't have people trespassing you're poaching off my place. So small, inconspicuous, and cheap are my preferences.

crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    If it is a large track of land, and you don't mind spending the bucks, look at the cellular cameras. Saves you some legwork as well as on SD cards. ( I carried blank SD card to swap out on my cameras to save two trips) I am going cellular this next time around... They are pricy though...

There are also Wifi cameras...

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I like the SD card setup and I'm not ready to go the cellular route, but thanks!

I need ay least three to replace ones that have quit working. I could use 6 of them. They usually last 1-2 years, but I have one ancient Tasco that is going on about seven years now. It only takes black and white photos, but it's fine and I wish I could find more like it.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Good topic! I'd like to pick up three just like what you want! Good and cheap...

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    P60? $48.99 each on sale right now...

(2022 Upgraded) Meidase P60 Trail Camera, 32mp 1296p, H.264 HD Video, 100ft Night Vision, 0.1s Motion Activated, IP66 Waterproof Amazon product ASIN B09PNNBLJY

Man I'd be lying on the model #, I just know they have the screen on the inside so you can view your photos. I got mine before Chinaflu so I'm sure the price has went up some.

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Does anyone have any thoughts on 940nm no glow vs. 850nm low glow cameras?

I bought three Apeman H55 cams about a year ago at clearance prices on Amazon (~$30 ea). I thought they were pretty good. They are 20MP, internal view screen, use 8 AA (I use 4 LiFePO4 and 4 dummies, last pretty good).

They are 940nm, but I wonder if 850nm cams might have longer view range and brighter images?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Don’t focus on megapixels. Focus on sensor detection and distance. 80 plus feet is where I would start and go off reviews. Even if the camera cost more.

Top Bottom