Lynx Defense

Where could I shoot trace ammo/ do mag dumps?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Hey guys, basic questions, I think the title explains it. I have about 500 or so .30-06 trace ammo I'm dying to try, and I'd also like to do some rapid fire with pistols and maybe my AR and AK. I was wondering if anyone knew a good place Austin adjacent that I could do that. Thanks.
    Target Sports

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Good luck on the tracers. They usually don't start to burn until 80 yards or so. I haven't heard of an indoor range that will allow them and I don't think you will see much burn anyways. I don't think I have heard of an outdoor range that allows them either.

Tracers do a great job of starting grass fires, even right after rain. Ask me how I know that.

Good luck in your search but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

You can probably find someplace to do mag dumps but I can't help you there. I know Hicksville allows them but it may be a little far. It is worth the drive though IMO.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Most places won't let you fire tracers. Too dangerous especially with the drought we have been going through.

Some of the marginally supervised public places will probably not care if you're dumping mags. Most clubs or supervised ranges probably won't let you spray away due to liability issues.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Thanks guys. I'm at Best of the West and they let you do double tap in the tactical bays with anything under .223 which is fun but I recently got a N-PAP M70 so I was hoping to do that. I didn't think I'd find a place for tracers. The only way I've ever shot them before was out in the desert in CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

M3rt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    I know you can bump fire at lonestar... You can do mag dumps I am sure as well on specific ranges.

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've never gotten a lecture for rapid fire at BOTW, I didn't think they cared in tax bays if you could manage it. Tracers are dangerous, once they really heat up they will stay hot. You hit a rock or hard dirt and end up with a fireball on the ground for a more seconds than you would expect

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've never gotten a lecture for rapid fire at BOTW, I didn't think they cared in tax bays if you could manage it. Tracers are dangerous, once they really heat up they will stay hot. You hit a rock or hard dirt and end up with a fireball on the ground for a more seconds than you would expect

Yeah, in the tac bays they don't mind.

Top Bottom