• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    I'm trying to look all over the internet and can't find any reliable source for surplus 5.45 AK74 magazines. AIM and Centerfire Systems have been out for a while and the last time I checked at a gun show their was only 2 vendors selling them and that was at 25 and 30 dollars a pop. Have they dried up completely or are we in a temporary drought? Anybody knows where I can get some of these mags?
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Does it have to be surplus, i was in the Waco Academy last sunday and thay had three different brand Ak mags, too bad i was looking for AR mags. Think thay were all around 20 bucks

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Wow! I had no idea they were drying up but I see what you mean. I just ordered 3 Tantal mags just in case I can't find any more 74 mags down the line.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Now tell me. They are the same case, why wouldn't the AK47 mags work for the AK 74. Ithought the case was just necked down to a smaller bullet. . . . was I wrong?

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Now tell me. They are the same case, why wouldn't the AK47 mags work for the AK 74. I thought the case was just necked down to a smaller bullet. . . . was I wrong?
    Not even close to the same. 7.62x39mm on the left, 5.45x39mm in the middle, and 5.56 on the right. Totally different mags as well.

AssaultRifleCalibers1-150x150.jpg

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Rifletex how are the steel '74 mags? For a while copes had the Tantal Polish mags for 7 or 8 bucks.

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    Rifletex how are the steel '74 mags? For a while copes had the Tantal Polish mags for 7 or 8 bucks.
    Just as good if not maybe a little better then the polymer Bulgarian and Russian ones. But they do fit a little different in other 74 variants.
    Might be a little tighter or a little loose depending on you rifle.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Just as good if not maybe a little better then the polymer Bulgarian and Russian ones. But they do fit a little different in other 74 variants.
    Might be a little tighter or a little loose depending on you rifle.

thanks for the info will pick up a few next time I buy something from copes.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Some dude under the name cagunsngear was or still is hitting up all of the forums and online storesand is buying up EVERYTHING AK74. He got banned from some other forums for non payment. 74 mags, parts kits, and parts are hard to come by now.

Top Bottom