• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thirtymike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    North Central TX
    Young men coming to visit my daughter have always been exposed to my qualification targets and various "steely - eyed killer" paraphernalia. Military marksmanship trophies, expended projectiles, dummy rounds, shot - out barrels, shell casing shot glasses, etc. Stuff like my little photo (there's a 9mm in there too). Supposed to impress upon them a sense of gravity regarding my daughter. So how am I supposed to deal with it when this latest guy gives me 200 rounds for Christmas?
    DK Firearms

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When I started dating my now wife of many years her dad tried the I have guns, don't mess my daughter around approach. I openly laughed @ his guns & told him I had him greatly out gunned. Could be this kid is laughing at you the way I laughed @ my future FIL.

On a more important note if the kid is a gun owner and supports the constitution & your daughter is fine around guns what's the problem? My wife (unlike her parents) has never hassled me over the purchase of guns & ammo. Never said shit went I spent a month hunting in Africa during our anniversary.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You pull him aside and tell him that if your daughter ever sees his penis you will cut it off and feed it to a piranha.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    9 mm??? Kick the wimpy kid out of your house and forbid your daughter from ever speaking his name again.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Young men coming to visit my daughter have always been exposed to my qualification targets and various "steely - eyed killer" paraphernalia. Military marksmanship trophies, expended projectiles, dummy rounds, shot - out barrels, shell casing shot glasses, etc. Stuff like my little photo (there's a 9mm in there too). Supposed to impress upon them a sense of gravity regarding my daughter. So how am I supposed to deal with it when this latest guy gives me 200 rounds for Christmas?
    In front of daughter, say "I do."
    He sounds like a keeper honestly.
    This.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Look at this way: Suppose he showed up wearing a "Support Occupy Wall Street" or "I hate 1percenters" or vote for Bernie Sanders or the evil mandarin Hillary.

You find out he's in his 30's living in parents basement and never had a job?

He sounds like he's at least on the right path.

Talk to him.

Or, is your post, "tongue in cheek" because you actually like him?

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Get your daughter to tell him that you aren't sure if you like him or not. Maybe he'll bring you another gift.

I haven't figured my daughter out yet. She's pretty, has a pile of friends, very smart (one more semester to graduate summa cum laude with a double major) and has never had a serious boyfriend. I suspect her standards are pretty steep.

Thirtymike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    North Central TX
    Get your daughter to tell him that you aren't sure if you like him or not. Maybe he'll bring you another gift.

I haven't figured my daughter out yet. She's pretty, has a pile of friends, very smart (one more semester to graduate summa $#@! laude with a double major) and has never had a serious boyfriend. I suspect her standards are pretty steep.
    Parents worry so I won't tell you not to. But it sounds like you have raised a capable woman. Trust her to find the kind of man she deserves. And keep your shooting skills sharp. :wink:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Didn't expect Latin to be a forbidden language in here. I believe the bleeped word means 'with' as in "with high honors".
    You can turn off language filters in your profile (we had a big stink about it a couple of years ago) but sadly, the site still hates Latin. Kudos to you too - sounds like you raised a good one also. Don't even ask me about my twin 19 year old boys.

Top Bottom