• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    like the title says. where do you get yours? is there an ammo shop in SA i dont know about? seems the gun stores are pricey as hell (20rd Tulammo 7.62x39 @ $8.00), walmart has a crappy selection, academy is meh, and cabelas is too far.

need a place to pick up decent priced ammo with decent selection. contemplating cheaperthandirt order. also holding out for the saxet gun show on the 4th to see what i can get.
    Venture Surplus ad

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    cheaper than dirt aint all that cheap. I look online (slickguns.com) and jump when I see some specials. If you buy by the 500 or 1000 rd case you save huge amounts of money. For 7.62x39 you can find it under .20 a round right now.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    Palmetto State Armory or Weapons World
    I will not give Ammo To Go any more of my business. A girl working their booth rang up the wrong price on a case of ammo. I bought several cases of ammo at the HGCA show in the fall and I didn't realized the $80 mistake until I got home. It was my fault for not catching it and it could have been an honest mistake, I will never know.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I load my own, but then I have to charge mayself for it. I don't pay my bills to me so then I have to get after my ass................ Probably cheaper at Wally World than to go through all the paperwork to sue myself!

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    It just depends on what I need and who has the best prices and availability. Sometimes online and sometimes Walmart or Academy. Just have to compute the total costs of either shipping/handling or local sales taxes into the overall prices.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Aim , Copes or Classic arms .
    Same here. I'll throw Sportsman's Guide in there, too. I often have a free shipping coupon for Sportsman's Guide, and free shipping makes a big difference on ammo.

Sometimes Walmart is hard to beat on their pistol ammo. They don't seem to be as competitive with the rifle ammo.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I usually buy in bulk 500-1000+ so usually order online from aimsurplus.com, ammoman.com, ammunitiontogo.com, or cheaperthandirt.com. Rarely will I purchase ammo locally because the price seems to be jacked up.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    I wish I could find a place in NM or OK. Shipping should be cheaper and get it faster and NO TAXES!.

Tula 7.62x39 and. 223 is $4.95 here and Abilene. Ive never had a problem with Monarch from Academy for $5.

Top Bottom