• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Some Ariat Boots have an extra wide Expansion opening, and all my Ariats are super comfortable; I too have high arches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    When I lived in New York, I said "shit".
    When I lived in Nevada, i said "shiiit".
    Now, I have to say "sheeeyit!", and throw in a "y'all" or two.;)
    I had a well heeled partner back in the 70s who had a big closet. Half of it was filled up with fancy cowboy clothes and the other half was hippy threads and bell bottoms etc. Depending on which version of wild wimmen he was chasing...and to which beer joints he was headed...he could fit right in. Real handsome guy from Georgia with fluffy hair and a Robert Redford smile. I got the honor to work his cull pile a few times back in the old sinning days.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    I swung by Cavender's and picked up a pair of Ariat Groundbreakers. They fit/felt better than the Tony Lama Midland and Sealy boots I tried.
    th?id=OP.QV97PS1d6qDL4A474C474&w=500&h=450&rs=1&o=5&pid=21.jpg

Thanks for all the replies.

Attachments

• th?id=OP.QV97PS1d6qDL4A474C474&w=500&h=450&rs=1&o=5&pid=21.jpg
      th?id=OP.QV97PS1d6qDL4A474C474&w=500&h=450&rs=1&o=5&pid=21.jpg
      19.2 KB · Views: 289
    Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    OP, I hear you on the narrow barrel. I have a pair of Lucchese full quill ostrich that I love, but they don't get worn much because they are such a pain to get on and off. Other Lucchese's don't have that narrow barrel. So much depends upon the individual's foot, when it comes to comfort.

I can't wear Tony Lama, Dan Post, Justin (cowboy boots only) or some other brands, for instance, because of the insole geometry.

Lucchese boots fit fine, but I am not sure the quality is what it used to be. I have a couple of pair from some decades ago (see prior post - heel caps and half soles). Nocona has always served me well. Have had a couple of pair of Nocona elephant that had more miles on them than a state trooper's car. One is still going.

Elephant is great for every day boots. Costs a bit more upfront, but they last forever and stay looking great. Smooth ostrich is pretty durable as well.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Pinks in Dallas for me.

But the wife and I did get some cool vintage boots from The Boot Whisperer...pretty cool experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Thanks. i often get those lyrics confused. I introduced him to my parents one time They both said the pearly white Eastwood smile meant he was as crooked as a dogs hind leg. They was sure right. He turned out to be an interstate car thief. He taught me way too many bad habits.

Hunkerdown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Weatherford
    My boots are all by Rios of Mercedes that I buy from Randy and Linda at Davis Boots when they're at one of the several major cutting horse events in Fort Worth. Dressy ones are ostrich, well cared-for work boots are hippo and everyday horseback boots are elephant. They're pricey but last forever if taken care of and can be completely rebuilt and relasted by the factory for just $150. They re-did my hippo boots last summer and they're fantastic. http://www.davisboots.com/

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Ok..as long as the price is right and no innocent little animals have to die to make em..we will keep an eye out to buy some. Thanks.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I swung by Cavender's and picked up a pair of Ariat Harvesters. They fit/felt better than the Tony Lama Midland and Sealy boots I tried.
    Thanks for all the replies.
    You'll like them. I had a bunch of boots before I got my Ariats, and they are by far the most comfortable.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I hate Cavenders
    The girls who work the floor wont help you because they are either talking or playing on their phone, but they will come up after they think you have found what you want and start talking to you so they can get the sales commission

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    OP,
    Have had a couple of pair of Nocona elephant that had more miles on them than a state trooper's car. One is still going.

Elephant is great for every day boots. Costs a bit more upfront, but they last forever and stay looking great. Smooth ostrich is pretty durable as well.

Have worn Justin 58 years. One pair of elephants is 34yrs old..can't wear in standing water...too many stitch holes from resoles tend to leak and the leather uppers show wear but that covers...look great

Top Bottom