• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I am looking for a place to practice IDPA style shooting, in or around San Antonio. I have been to a couple of matches, but I am just starting out and I would like to actually be able to parctice before I go to the matches. Where do you practice?
    Hurley's Gold

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Home

This club has a private range at Blackhawk. From what I understand, you can use the facility to practice IDPA type shooting. It's just a bit too far for me to visit on a regular basis, and you also have to pay range fees in addition to your club membership. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I would pay GOOD money to be able to shoot somewhere other than your typical square range. IDPA practice type environment would be ideal. I hate the fact that i have nowhere to shoot that gets my blood pumping.

From moving from CA to TX, i have tripled my gun collection but im bored at the ranges i attend. I have 6 new guns right now that i haven't even fired. In CA we had BLM land that we could do whatever we wanted really.

If I had a place do shoot IDPA style or just even a free for all, id pay big... hint hint to any land owners...

JOe

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    In CA we had BLM land that we could do whatever we wanted really.
    Yeah, one of the things I really miss about living in CO was all the public land. I've got some friends that have land out in the middle of nowhere that they let me shoot on, but it's really rocky and you have to really watch where you shoot or else ricochets are a danger. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm just going to have to buy a few dozen acres here in TX at some point.

Top Bottom