• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I bought a gun from Pruett's. They treated me right. Carl is a great guy. Got to meet Jim. I'd drop in often if they were not so far from the house.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Pruett's is located on Huffmeister, just a few blocks north of US 290. It's called Pruett's Guns and Ammo...you can find specific directions online.

For the record, and as I have previously stated, I do not agree with the aforementioned positive remarks about Pruett's, but your mileage may vary. ;)

curiosandrelics

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Houston
    I bought my RIA FS at Gander Mountain, they have recently started carrying RIA. Give them a call and see if they have the compact. The price for my FS was better than I expected. You may get a better price there, because they are a larger type chain store.

Gander has three locations in the Houston area (as far as I kmow)

19820 Hempstead Hwy
    Houston , TX 77065
    (832) 237-7900

19302 Interstate 45
    Spring , TX 77373
    (281) 288-2620

19890 Southwest Freeway
    Sugar Land , TX 77479
    (281) 239-6720

Good luck

sgtredneck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Channelview,Tx
    Looked at gander mt and they had the full size RIA but no compact ones, and the FS had a good price. But looking at everything else they where about $100 higher on most handguns than anywhere else.
    tommy

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    But looking at everything else they where about $100 higher on most handguns than anywhere else.
    tommy

99.9% of the time, Gander is way overpriced. However, they will match prices within a 50-mile radius if you can show proof. I have done this before by printing out an Academy price from the Academy website and taking it in to Gander.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    I just came from Pruett's. It's near my house. Take 290 and get off on the Hwy6/fm1960 exit. Take a right on Huffmeister about a half mile and it is on your left in a strip center.

Pruett and I have known each other for ever. He, Barry, Carl and Joy are very nice and you can tell them I said so.

Just noticed this trip that Pruett has prices that may actually beat gun show prices. In addition he has hard to get items like a Colt AR15 9mm carbine. I searched for one of those everywhere a few years back. Pruett has it in stock along with 5.56 Colt ARs.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Or, you could just take the Huffmeister exit.

They know you by your TexasGunTalk screen name?

Easier to get to the right from the Hwy 6 exit. The frontage road can be rather busy, but suit yourself.

They know the two screen names I use on just about every forum. Or you could just say "Jim" says hi.

txtrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Madhouse, I did not have a postive experience at Pruett's and will not do business there. I have talked with several others that do not care to shop there either. I have been shopping at Tomball Pawn now for about 17 years and I have never had a less than pleasant experience there. As far as I am concerned Tomball is a far better gun shop with better service.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Madhouse, I did not have a postive experience at Pruett's and will not do business there. I have talked with several others that do not care to shop there either. I have been shopping at Tomball Pawn now for about 17 years and I have never had a less than pleasant experience there. As far as I am concerned Tomball is a far better gun shop with better service.
    What exactly is "not postiive" about it? If you don't tell us we won't know.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom