• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpatrickp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    NW Houston (Copperfield)
    So even though my fiance forbade me from ever purchasing or keeping a shotgun in the house I was lucky enough to be gifted a nice mossberg 500 JIC for x-mas from some people at my job (sorry honey!). We also own a beretta 92FS which I frequently fire over at Shiloh Indoor Range up here on the NW side, which is a really outstanding range ran by a very nice group of people I might add.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend to me a good range where I can go in order to get a good feel for it. I'm not a big fan of having firearms around that I haven't had to the range a few times to get familiar with.

Unfortunately the ranges that I've spoken to here on my side of town either don't allow shotguns at all or only allow them on weekdays which isn't feasible for me as I work monday-friday.

PS: My mossberg is not a pistol grip anymore as I've heard they frown on pistol grips at most ranges and I was lucky enough to score a knoxx specops stock at the recent gun show over at reliant:

knoxx.jpg
    Guns International

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    So even though my fiance forbade me from ever purchasing or keeping a shotgun in the house I was lucky enough to be gifted a nice mossberg 500 JIC for x-mas from some people at my job (sorry honey!). We also own a beretta 92FS which I frequently fire over at Shiloh Indoor Range up here on the NW side, which is a really outstanding range ran by a very nice group of people I might add.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend to me a good range where I can go in order to get a good feel for it. I'm not a big fan of having firearms around that I haven't had to the range a few times to get familiar with.

Unfortunately the ranges that I've spoken to here on my side of town either don't allow shotguns at all or only allow them on weekdays which isn't feasible for me as I work monday-friday.

PS: My mossberg is not a pistol grip anymore as I've heard they frown on pistol grips at most ranges and I was lucky enough to score a knoxx specops stock at the recent gun show over at reliant:

knoxx.jpg

Carter Country

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    i used to go out there with regular bird shot and buckshot they never said anything also they didnt care about pistol grips
    at 9 bucks its a decent place to shoot

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    i know they did a few times cause id buy the bullets while getting the targets
    the one on cypresswood doesnt really care its all a bunch of kids that wouldnt know anybetter anyways

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The range on Cypresswood was not Carter's though....was it?
    The only range Carters has is on Treaschwig I thought.....

jpatrickp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    NW Houston (Copperfield)
    I went over to ASC and ended up putting about 10 rounds through the mossberg before my knoxx fore end gave me some issues. Very nice range though and the staff there was very nice and helpful. I will definitely be going back now that I have the original fore end back in place. I should also mention that the knoxx stock was absolutely great, could barely feel the recoil at all with #4 buckshot.

EDIT: got a good pic of my 500 during cleaning after the range trip, thats a knoxx specops stock

23663_1262599361201_1116231429_30620813_3431326_n.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom