• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I said then why wasn't the quantity updated when it was scanned. They tried to say that they must have been sold without scanning. I countered with that's against federal law and maybe I need to call them and point out how sloppy Walmart is with their ammo.

I'm stumped. What federal law requires them to scan the ammo?
    Hurley's Gold

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Academy near 1960 and 249 in Houston has plenty of .22lr. Saw lots of Aguila, Federal match, CCI subsonic, Golden Bullets and 1 brick of Thunderduds.

Limit is 2 boxes of 100rds or less, or 1 brick.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Not having the benefit of a "smart phone" or insider information, I lucked onto some Winchester, Remington, and CCI ammo today well after dawn.

Winchester "333" at $14.97.

Remington Golden Bullet 100 count at $8.99.

CCI Mini-Mag 100 count at $6.77.

Must have been the massive Thunder Storms that kept the daily .22 ammo raiders at bay.

Perhaps the second half of this month will cure the .22 LR illness.

MiniMags under seven cents a round
    ...dang! Not that I want the prices to stay up; but why would any retailer mark MiniMags $2-3 LESS than a very reasonable price per box? IF they(retailers) are working off a standard margin, why would CCI be selling it so cheap to the retailers? Most shooters wouldn't mind paying $8-9 per box and would be happy just to FIND it. ;)

It's not like the retailers need to DRAW folks toward the ammo counter with cheap MiniMags:whip:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

MiniMags under seven cents a round
    ...dang! Not that I want the prices to stay up; but why would any retailer mark MiniMags $2-3 LESS than a very reasonable price per box? IF they(retailers) are working off a standard margin, why would CCI be selling it so cheap to the retailers? Most shooters wouldn't mind paying $8-9 per box and would be happy just to FIND it. ;)

It's not like the retailers need to DRAW folks toward the ammo counter with cheap MiniMags:whip:
    This is the guy that brags about trolling Facebook with bogus "deals" he found at various retail stores. He is probably making stuff up again.

Last edited:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Everyone should just boycott .22 ammo for a year. Turn your noses up to anyone that buys it. Let the shelves spill over with unbought ammo...

<slapping self> nevermind...

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    If I want to go shooting .03 Cents a round sure as hell ain't going to stop me :)

Bagpiper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Haltom City, Tx
    I'd like clarification of "wee bit".
    In American currency would be preferred.
    Thanks.
    First, let me apologize for the late reply; my only excuse is the end of semester chaos--finals, grading, and submitting all of the proper paperwork in the proper format to the proper department.

By a "wee bit" I mean HV CCIs and Winchester just shy of .09 cents per round; and bulk ammo ( Federal and Remington) approaching .08 cents per round. I should add that these prices were before taxes.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring

MitchKov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Was at the Academy off I-10 and 99 (Katy area) about an hour ago picking up some odds and ends for the holiday weekend. Plenty of the 525 Remington Bulk pack @ 21.99 and the 325 rd Federal Auto Match boxes (not sure on price there). Think they still have a limit of 1 but didn't ask.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I hope it trickles our way.
    At least I got my bucket Tuesday.

Sure would love some federal 525 boxes though.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Hey Vaquero, how much cash did you have to "shell out" for that bucket?

I have heard at a few different Academy stores they pop up but are snatched up right away.

They were selling for right around 70 bucks or so IIRC.

Since it's over 5 cents/rd for the cheapest ammo out there, I've been uppin' the ante and strictly buying match target ammo for 10 to 16 cents per round.

Shooting less but hitting my targets more often. Feels like a fair trade off.

If anyone is interested, sportsmans guide had norma match at 7.49 a box(50). Gonna see how it stacks up against wolf mt soon.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Hey Vaquero, how much cash did you have to "shell out" for that bucket?

I have heard at a few different Academy stores they pop up but are snatched up right away.

They were selling for right around 70 bucks or so IIRC.

Since it's over 5 cents/rd for the cheapest ammo out there, I've been uppin' the ante and strictly buying match target ammo for 10 to 16 cents per round.

Shooting less but hitting my targets more often. Feels like a fair trade off.

If anyone is interested, sportsmans guide had norma match at 7.49 a box(50). Gonna see how it stacks up against wolf mt soon.

I got in on the 70 dollar before shipping Gander Mtn deal for 1 bucket.
    Gotta say. It's been slim around Abilene. My brother grabs rimfire around south Austin like it's air.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom