Where to keep HD Shotgun?

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by jbcalhoun, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jbcalhoun

jbcalhoun Active Member Lifetime Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    I'd like to know when you all keep your Home Defense Shotgun.

I'm having a hard time deciding where to keep it.

Thanks
    Brad

2. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I'm looking for a good wall mount system that will allow me to mount it vertical in a secure/hidden place that I can remove it from quickly.

Recently I came across a mount that looked similar to what I'm looking for but can't for the life of me find it again. The traditional places like Midway and Brownells etc. don't have anything like it for a shotgun.

Mine is in a nearby closet in a manner that's easy to grab yet can't be seen and is not in an obvious place.

3. cowboy45

cowboy45 Active Member

May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Above the door on the inside of your closet. On the inside of the sideboard on your bed. Velcro is a wonderful thing.

4. Fisherman777

Fisherman777 Well-Known

Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Shotgun in the bedroom closet in the same corner every time. 1911 near the bed, same spot and condition (0) every time. Consistancy so you won't wonder for even a second where it is and what condition it's in. Then you can save all of that wondering for whether it's a bad guy, the pipes rattling or just the cat getting a snack.

5. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Same place, cant be seen if you just look in the closet, but easily acessable....

6. onac255

onac255 Active Member

Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    In my closet and out of sight but easily accessible. All I have to do is rack the slide and I'm ready to go.

7. Jeff-Tex

Jeff-Tex Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    Mines right in plain sight, next to my pillow. It stays there 24/7, and I never lock it up. I keep both the chamber and mag tube empty with a couple do-rights in the sidesaddle with the safety off. Everything else is locked in the safe.

8. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Why do you keep the magazine empty?

9. Jeff-Tex

Jeff-Tex Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    I donno, maybe I'm weird. I prefer to not have the spring compressed all the time. I actually wasn't sure if I could load it half asleep but found out the hard way, it's not as tough as I thought. The hardest part about being half asleep is aiming. Loading seems to be second nature, I practice a lot and in the dark.

10. cowboy45

cowboy45 Active Member

May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    JEFF-TEX

What shape is the imprint on your chest when you wake up in the morning, laying on it?