Where to shoot-EP Far East

Discussion in 'El Paso' started by BCGlocker, Mar 8, 2015.

1. sergeant69

sergeant69 Member

Feb 6, 2016
    between CC and SA
    thats him! grew up with some of his outlaw kin. back in the day he was THE mover and shaker of the ysleta gun club.
    Leon Metz is an el paso historian and author. has several books out about el paso in the old west days. was always on tv and radio whenever they needed an expert on concordia cemetery, old buildings, gunfighters etc.

2. BillRedding

BillRedding Member

Jan 29, 2017
    El Paso, TX (Westside)
    Yes, I knew of Metz (as you note, a Big Name here in El Paso), but meant to say did not know him personally, or ever meet him.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/138055.Leon_Claire_Metz

IIRC, I even have his book on El Paso (in a storage room).

Also yes, I know John Wesley Hardin is in Concordia Cemetery (I think he still is). ;-)

His killer (John Selman) is also there.

Same for artist Peter Hurd (Roswell and San Patricio, NM) -- knew of him/never met him -- but at least I drive by his "La Rinconada" gallery when crusing through the scenic Hondo Valley (Roswell-Ruidoso on Hwy 70). ;-)

-- BR

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  3. sergeant69

sergeant69 Member

Feb 6, 2016
    between CC and SA
    google says Metz as of 2010 still had his sat morning show on AM690, Steve Crosnos old station.

btw......all my wifes family live in colorado springs. my nephew is danny farris, professional bowhunter from there thats on tv a lot hosting hunts with celebrities. when were u living in colorado springs?

4. BillRedding

BillRedding Member

Jan 29, 2017
    El Paso, TX (Westside)
    @ Talon Hill Apartments on Voyager (between Interquest & Northgate). Could see the Air Force Academy in the Front Range foothills across from my balcony.

Spent lots of time on Powers Blvd. (just about everything you could want/need re: stores/restaurant/banks/medical care was there) and have some friends who have a home in Flying Horse (newer residential subdivision in NE COS).

Need to go back up in June to get the rest of my stuff (!) and close-out the storage room I still have there (Chapel Hills)!

-- BR

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017