Lynx Defense

Which auto knives will you buy on Sept 1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Any opinion of the Gerbers and Schrades?

I like the Gerber Covert but it's about double what I want to spend.

I tend to lose knives so it's hard to make a big investment.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Here's a cool one for only $95: CRKT 4504 HAWK D.O.G. Automatic Conversion Knife (3.5" Bead Blast Plain) - Blade HQ

crkt-4504-hawk-d-o-g-auto-grey-black-large.jpg

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Any opinion of the Gerbers and Schrades?

I like the Gerber Covert but it's about double what I want to spend.

I tend to lose knives so it's hard to make a big investment.

I have this same problem. Which is why every knife I have is less than $50. Check out the websites posted like bladehq and bladeplay. They have many autos for $50 or less. They may not be name brand, but a lot of them are of great quality. I like my Titans, but I guess the are all double edged now from what I have seen. I would check out a few in your budget that you like and start researching them on YouTube.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, what do we do if we get stopped/searched for whatever reason and we get a cop that doesnt know the law has changed?

Be polite, ask if he can double check, and if you gotta take the ride then take the ride. I doubt it will go too far before being straightened out.

Don't argue.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have this same problem. Which is why every knife I have is less than $50. Check out the websites posted like bladehq and bladeplay. They have many autos for $50 or less. They may not be name brand, but a lot of them are of great quality. I like my Titans, but I guess the are all double edged now from what I have seen. I would check out a few in your budget that you like and start researching them on YouTube.

I've been on bladeHQ. I like the look of some of the Piranhas but don't know much about them. Also done of the Schrades and S&W.

Opinions of 440 stainless blades?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I haven't had good experience with AUS 8. It is a cheap steel used in cheap knives. And when manufacturers cheap out there is a greater chance of a jacked up heat treat. But for under $50 you can use it up and throw it away.

Lol, $50 bucks is double my normal knife budget, lmao.

But like I said, I tend to misplace my knives so I never invested much. I do miss a Benchmade auto that I may or may not have brought back from Iraq. Don't remember it costing so much at the time.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Lol, $50 bucks is double my normal knife budget, lmao.

But like I said, I tend to misplace my knives so I never invested much. I do miss a Benchmade auto that I may or may not have brought back from Iraq. Don't remember it costing so much at the time.
    this. i never lose anything. never forget my phone. never forget my keys. never forget my wallet. but a knife, where the hell did i put that thing!?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I just feel weird spending less than $80 on a edc knife. My luck with knives has been ya buy cheap ya get cheap. Maybe I'm just not good at finding quality knives for cheap. I'm gonna start looking around, myself. Maybe get one for Christmas.

Top Bottom