Texas SOT

Which auto knives will you buy on Sept 1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    So what? Self defense isn't illegal, only daggers are.

What does that have to do with anything. By the same logic, using a illegal machine gun to defend you home is not illegal, only the gun is.........................so what is your point??

The knife laws were originally designed to prohibit those knives that had little use other than fighting, and not include knives that are designed as everyday tools. Pretty easy to see that in the wording.
    Texas SOT

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Thought this was a "what are you getting" thread, not a legal discussion of the definitions. Perhaps a separate thread is in order.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    What does that have to do with anything. By the same logic, using a illegal machine gun to defend you home is not illegal, only the gun is.........................so what is your point??

The knife laws were originally designed to prohibit those knives that had little use other than fighting, and not include knives that are designed as everyday tools. Pretty easy to see that in the wording.

My point is obvious.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Got the Lightning D/A OTF from BladeHQ. I can say it's worth every cent of the cost as a good intro to switchblades auto.

Works, seems like it'll hold up to a very good amount of use.

Blade is very uniform but very dull out of the package, handle rubs the side of the blade a bit but doesn't interfere with the action.

Going on day two with it on my desk and it's getting fiddled with a bunch. Opens with an authoritative clack, it's not one you're going to sneak up on someone with if you need to fire it.

My girls had a bit of a time trying to fire it. It's a heavy spring but that makes it safer for carry.

The screws holding the pocket clip DO need some attention to keep them tight. You'll want to put some thread lock on them.

Date Ordered: 08-14-2013 Received 08-17-2013 USPS
    Subtotal: $34.99
    Tax: $0.00
    Shipping and Handling: $5.99
    USPS Priority Mail (usually 4-6 days)
    Grand Total: $40.98

My Video

o0u8.jpg

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Boker Kalashnikov seems to be the best value right now. I ordered two to play with. The price of auto knives seems to be a bit inflated compared to assisted openers. I'm hoping that with a large market like Texas opening up the prices will come down. They'll go UP at first, but should come down in the long run.

I also ordered a Lightning OTF. I don't think OTFs are all that practical so I can't see paying a bunch of money for one. The Lightning should be a really fun letter opener, tho.

Who else is going to carry a switchblade? Remember it pisses off hoplophobes
    lol... yeah I plan on carrying one just to help desensitize the hoplophobes, but I can't see any auto really replacing my favorite carry blades. It's really hard to beat any of the Benchmade axis lock folders and of course fixed blades are still king.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Got the Lightning D/A OTF from BladeHQ. I can say it's worth every cent of the cost as a good intro to switchblades auto.

Works, seems like it'll hold up to a very good amount of use.

Blade is very uniform but very dull out of the package, handle rubs the side of the blade a bit but doesn't interfere with the action.

Going on day two with it on my desk and it's getting fiddled with a bunch. Opens with an authoritative clack, it's not one you're going to sneak up on someone with if you need to fire it.

My girls had a bit of a time trying to fire it. It's a heavy spring but that makes it safer for carry.

The screws holding the pocket clip DO need some attention to keep them tight. You'll want to put some thread lock on them.

Date Ordered: 08-14-2013 Received 08-17-2013 USPS
    Subtotal: $34.99
    Tax: $0.00
    Shipping and Handling: $5.99
    USPS Priority Mail (usually 4-6 days)
    Grand Total: $40.98

My Video

I think I'll get one to replace the Troodon I sent back.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    ah, damn it... Blade HQ is in Lehi, UT. I was in that area last week and was trying to find an auto knife to buy. I went to a couple of gun stores and they didn't have any.

Auto knives are already legal in UT in case you're wondering... UT has lots of cool stuff :p

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Ordered an all black lightening may cerakote I don't know yet. It'll do till I'm making more money again and get a good OTF Benchmade probably.

Top Bottom