Which dies to get?

Texas42

TGT Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Texas
I'm new to reloading and I am not sure which brand of dies is the best for the money.

I am gettting (eventually) a Lyman turret press. Oh, I plan to load pistols now and rifles later.

jasont

Jul 17, 2008
Houston
Best for the money would be Lee. I have a few Redding and RCBS dies for special things but the majority of what I reload with is Lee.

TSU45

Jun 6, 2008
San Marcos, Tx
I'm new to reloading and I am not sure which brand of dies is the best for the money.

I am gettting (eventually) a Lyman turret press. Oh, I plan to load pistols now and rifles later.
Any dies you get will be just fine. I think Lee makes the best FOR THE MONEY. Spring for the carbides if you can, they are worth it if your reloading a bunch of pistol. With all my reloading equipment, I usually buy the best deal I can find. I have Lee, RCBS, and Forster dies.

wshbrngr

Jul 16, 2008
Texas Hill Country
Well, I have a Hornady press and use Hornady dies. (They just feel right).

Plus I got 100 bullets with each die set (for $6.95)

I do use the Lee universal decapping die and a couple of Lee FCD and they work well. (and I like the price).

robocop10mm

Jan 9, 2009
Round Rock
I use RCBS, Lyman, Lee, and Dillon dies. For pistol loading get what ever you want as along as it is carbide. Don't waste your time and money on non-carbide pistol dies. For rifle, It depends on what your end product expectation is. For everyday and basic hunting ammo, any of the above will do just fine.

If you realistically want to take bambi head shots at 400 or gophers at 250, look into the more expensive (premium) neck sizing, collet sizing, micrometer seating dies sets.

ta6ppc

Jan 20, 2009
Fort Worth
match grade stuff redding bushing dies
reg. stuff hornady these have a really nice seating die that holds your bullet on the up stroke

87'vette

Nov 25, 2008
El Paso, TX
Dies

LEE! I reload for .40 and 10mm, never had any issues with lee. Great value to boot!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member