• Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Youve heard it before, memer?
    moar.jpg

Yeah it all just came rushing back. I'm getting an itch to make an 80s 1911, a little splash paint finish and some blue jean grips.
    Hurley's Gold

DaRedneck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are not missing anything. The PowerLine just compliments your home network. I use a wireless router and the Powerline. I did this because of a bandwidth issue I was having. I tried to stream music, photos and Hi-Def movies from my media center in my office out to my TV in the living room over the wireless and it just could not handle it. It was laggy as hell so I went and grabbed a powerline and now it all streams over my electrical cable and it is fine, plenty of bandwidth. The other thing nice about powerline is if you have a room upstairs or too far from your wirless signal you can grab the powerline adapter and just plug it into an outlet in that room and you have an RJ45 ethernet jack in that room now. It is not for everyone and it mainly is used for when the wireless signal is not enough and you just need a regular old wired ethernet connection.

Home - HomePlug Powerline Alliance

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!. jk. I never say that. Thats the first time...
    I just got my new wireless router set up. I went with the Linksys E1200. Its pretty good. The cd was worthless, but I think i know why.I was going to upgrade to a newer adapter on my pc but decided against it. *mistake*
    I tried using the cd and it kept setting up the network and kept giving me an error. Come to find out it was setting it up to a higher security than my wireless adapter to handle. wpa2 or something. I had to manually set it up and go into the settings and tell it to go to the WEP which I had been using. Oh well. Its working great so far now.
    Thanks to all for the input.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Need a new router? The deal of the century!

Linksys WRT160N Ultra RangePlus 802.11n Wireless N Router (REFURB) $27.50 Free Ship, Jul 3, 2011
    Buy.com (throught Electronica Direct) has the Refurbished Linksys WRT160N Ultra RangePlus 802.11n 300Mbps Wireless N Router for a low $27.50 Free Shipping. Tax in NY.
    Some versions of this router are DD-WRT capable. Click here to check out Small Net Builder's Speed Chart Comparison.

Link to deal - Free shipping

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    If you have a wireless router and just want to plug something like an xbox/ blueray player into an Ethernet plug in another room this this is awesome. I have used for about 9 months and never had any problems.

Linksys extender

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Need a new router? The deal of the century!

Linksys WRT160N Ultra RangePlus 802.11n Wireless N Router (REFURB) $27.50 Free Ship, Jul 3, 2011
    Buy.com (throught Electronica Direct) has the Refurbished Linksys WRT160N Ultra RangePlus 802.11n 300Mbps Wireless N Router for a low $27.50 Free Shipping. Tax in NY.
    Some versions of this router are DD-WRT capable. Click here to check out Small Net Builder's Speed Chart Comparison.

Link to deal - Free shipping

Newegg.com - ASUS RT-N16 Wireless Router 802.11b/g/n up to 300Mbps DD-WRT Open Source support with USB Storage, Printer And Media Server with DD-WRT is awesome. Antennas can be replaced extending the range like crazy. Wish openwrt were a bit easier.

Top Bottom