• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm interested in getting some good, electronic ear protection, but I don't want to spend a fortune. I don't want to buy crap either. They sound like a good idea.

I'd appriciate any imput.

Thanks
    ARJ Defense ad

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    EP3/EP4

Sonic Defenders®

EP3_2_large.png

Description
    EP3/EP4
    EP3 Sonic Defenders® and EP4 Sonic Defenders® Plus protect your hearing, without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds and conversation. Safe sound levels are allowed to pass through while potentially harmful noises (above 80dB) are reduced via a proprietary design that incorporates the patented Hocks Noise Braker filter. When even more hearing protection is required—without the need to hear routine sounds or conversations—Sound Defenders' attached stoppers can be inserted. The right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders are made from a soft, hypoallergenic polymer and ergonomically shaped, with a multi-flanged stem, providing a comfortable all-day fit. And their low-profile design means they can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask or while using a phone or headset.

EP3 Sonic Defenders® are double-flanged for a proper fit for most people.

EP4 Sonic Defenders® Plus are triple-flanged for those with larger ear canals.
    best 12 bucks you ever spend very nice!!

kfog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Houston
    i like the howard leight impact sport muffs. i've tried a couple different types and these worked the best for me.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Heck I use those throw away sponge jobs you can get at any drug store and regular ear muffs and can't hear squat.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I want to be able to hear range commands and actually be able to talk to people while not shooting. The ones I have are great at blocking out sound. . . all of it.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    i like the howard leight impact sport muffs. i've tried a couple different types and these worked the best for me.

Same here. I use these or Peltor Comtac 2. Two totally different price ranges, but for the money, the HLs are hard to beat and get the most use.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Peltor Tactical Sport's are great, though they are about $100-120. The best pair I've found for less than that are the Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs which are ~$50-60.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I have the HL Impact Sports and the Peltor Tac 6S. Both are excellent. Indoors, I double up with foamies and turn the volume all the way up and they work great. The Impact Sports also have a jack to plug in an MP3 player, and come with the cable to connect them, so if you like shooting to music, you're all set.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I also use the Howard Leight and they works well. The wife uses some no name Academy unit that also works very well. The Sonic Defenders are good for outdoor use. But as soon as you get under any kind of material that reflects sounds they are not good enough. My range has steel awnings and under them they suck. As soon as I am out from under there they are good.

Top Bottom