• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    So there are some items I'm going to get rid of. Which website should I use if I can find someone local that wants my items. I know of Gunbroker but that's about it. If anyone is interested I'm selling 2 AR uppers and lowers, RRA9mm AR, a milled Norinco AK and stamped SKS and some mags and ammo for each. Also a Mossberg 930SPX

Thanks

modify_inline.gif
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    You can list them here but your target "current market" price buyer is going to be harder to find here because everyone here tends to be a little better educated than your average joe. I'd recommend gunbroker.com, texasguntrader.com, craigslist.com, armslist.com. You can list parts and components on Ebay, just be careful the keywords you use.

Good luck!

jodster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    just saw a wasr get "sold" for ~$900 down in the 'guns for sale' section...bet that norinco will pay for a big chunk of a semester.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    just saw a wasr get "sold" for ~$900 down in the 'guns for sale' section...bet that norinco will pay for a big chunk of a semester.

The truth is not really. I pay close to $1500 a month in student loans. Granted it's alot more than min and it'll still take me almost a decade

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You can list them here but your target "current market" price buyer is going to be harder to find here because everyone here tends to be a little better educated than your average joe. I'd recommend gunbroker.com, texasguntrader.com, craigslist.com, armslist.com. You can list parts and components on Ebay, just be careful the keywords you use.

Good luck!

This. TGT users tend to know better than pay bubble prices. ;)

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just gotta ask: Who has to take out a loan to go to college, and who needs three degrees?

Why start adult life deep in debt?

The Texas Hazelwood Act would have fixed the debt problem.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    Just gotta ask: Who has to take out a loan to go to college, and who needs three degrees?

Do you know what college costs these days?

I'm working on my third degree (bachelors, professional, academic) and costs have risen at an alarming rate. My first semester at UT is 96 cost $1500. My last semester if professional school also at UT in 2005 cost me close to $6000. That's quadruple in less than a decade. My current semester costs over $2000 for one class. GI bill is picking up the tab, but not everyone goes that route. It's out of control.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

I'm working on my third degree (bachelors, professional, academic) and costs have risen at an alarming rate. My first semester at UT is 96 cost $1500. My last semester if professional school also at UT in 2005 cost me close to $6000. That's quadruple in less than a decade. My current semester costs over $2000 for one class. GI bill is picking up the tab, but not everyone goes that route. It's out of control.

Did you enlist in the State of Texas and return to Texas when you got out of the military? If so you have the Hazelwood Exemption. That will save you a lot of money. Get with your Financial aid office and get the paperwork taken care of.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston

Well actually it's 4 degrees. One for me and 3 for the wife. Her last semester in undergrad she was offered a MS program in Jan. She wasn't going to find out about vet school until Feb but it wasn't a guarantee she'd get in so she took the Masters offer and then had to defer her acceptance into Vet school.

Hell Vet school was close to $90k. It's sad considering that's more than what the average new grad will make

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have always looked at borrowing money, loans of any kind and credit as my mortal enemy. I made exceptions for vehicles and for many years bought a new car/truck every two years. My home was another exception and I've owned 4 homes.

I had an Associate Degree and a Bachelors when I started teaching in 1985....very late in life. I was required to work on a degree so I enrolled in the Masters program at OSU. Some folks take a few hours of their degree plan just to satisfy the teaching requirements. That wasn't how I did it. I attacked that degree like I do everything else....head on and full speed ahead!

I worked full time (days) as a teacher, had a part time job two nights per week and went to class two nights per week. I earned my Masters Degree with a perfect 4.0 GPA and on the day I was "hooded" for my Masters, I was 100% paid up and had zero debt!

Here's how I did that.............

When I enrolled in classes for the semester, the tuition bill arrived at the house a short time later. I paid part of the bill and sent it in. OSU automatically assigns the balance to a loan at 1 1/2% per month. There is no paper to fill out and it's not advertised but I found out about the program from a fellow grad student.

I worked like Hell and paid off the bill about 3 weeks before the semester ended. If we waited any longer to pay up, the Bursar would put the current semester grades on hold and freeze your enrollment. It had to be paid before that automatic hold was placed or it could cost a semester while your enrollment was blocked. It took time to get that hold released and it would be too late to enroll. That's how I earned my Masters Degree graduated with Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society membership and zero debt.

Taking that "NO LOANS" policy one step further, when I was frozen out of the workforce due to my age, I paid off my car and Jeep and retired. I don't get much from my pensions but I get by and run in the "black" every month. I do not owe money and my house is nearly paid off. In fact, I could write a check to pay the house off today!

The lesson to learn is this..................Debt is your worst enemy! People who extend credit to you are NOT your friends! They will turn you into a slave.

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom