• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I EDC a G43 and I'd recommend getting rid of the Glock if you are a better shot with the Kimber ;-) I'm thinking about getting rid of mine and replacing it with a cheaper shield.
    I have a shield that I just got in FDE(black slide, FDE frame) I would def trade you for the 43 if you ever think about going that route
    Hurley's Gold

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The only regrets over my shooting sports activities were from selling/trading guns that later I regretted selling. Save the pain. Keep both of them and just BUY what you want.

Flash

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I never had seller's remorse. Up until Trump was elected, I was buying and selling firearms regularly. One year it was around 100 deals. The firearms market has become cooled down since Trump took office.

I get tired of things over a period of time. I get more excited about the new firearm I am trying to buy, than to worry about something I may have sold.
    If it were me, I would sell both and use the extra money to upgrade your new project.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    If you can’t hit what your aiming at with a Glock you really need to invest in a good training class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    If you can’t hit what your aiming at with a Glock you really need to invest in a good training class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Reportedly he hits just fine with another handgun that has an American grip angle...

Sure, he could invest days of training to learn to overcome the fundamental design flaw, or he could just use handgunds that fit him better.

Unless he's striving to be an operator that is proficient with every handgun he could possibly come across, it's time and money that would wisely be spent elsewhere.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Reportedly he hits just fine with another handgun that has an American grip angle...

Sure, he could invest days of training to learn to overcome the fundamental design flaw, or he could just use handgunds that fit him better.

Unless he's striving to be an operator that is proficient with every handgun he could possibly come across, it's time and money that would wisely be spent elsewhere.

Grip angle is almost completely irrelevant to shooting proficiently.
    All that is required is sight alignment, trigger control and to a much lesser degree a solid platform. Very simply if you put the front sight on the target and press the trigger without moving the sight from the target then you will score a hit. If you don’t then you won’t. It doesn’t make you an “operator” if you can shoot just about any pistol on the plant accurately and it does not take thousands of rounds and years of practice. It just takes a few hours of quality instruction and some practice to properly aim a gun.
    It’s a skill anyone can learn and everyone that carries a gun should learn it.

Trying to hit the target instinctively thru some learned muscle memory is at best problematic. It takes about 1,000 operations to learn a this skill and lots of practice to keep it sharp.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Grip angle is almost completely irrelevant to shooting proficiently.
    All that is required is sight alignment, trigger control and to a much lesser degree a solid platform. Very simply if you put the front sight on the target and press the trigger without moving the sight from the target then you will score a hit. If you don’t then you won’t. It doesn’t make you an “operator” if you can shoot just about any pistol on the plant accurately and it does not take thousands of rounds and years of practice. It just takes a few hours of quality instruction and some practice to properly aim a gun.
    It’s a skill anyone can learn and everyone that carries a gun should learn it.

Trying to hit the target instinctively thru some learned muscle memory is at best problematic. It takes about 1,000 operations to learn a this skill and lots of practice to keep it sharp.
    I figured you'd go there... there's always someone who will.

Just because it works that way for you doesn't mean it works that well for everyone. Can I force the sites of a Glock to line up, and make more accurate shot placement? Yeah, given an unknown quantity of practice... I'm slower with it, and enjoy it less than handguns that fit me egronomically... since life is short, why waste time and money trying to make something that doesn't fit well work out, when another manufacturer makes something that performs much the same way, but points more instinctively and is a more enjoyable experience.

I'll choose to start with a platform that fits me better, so I'm not learning some grip angle that doesn't feel natural, and can spend more time on fundamentals and improving accuracy and speed. For the same amount of practice, I will likely be more accurate and faster with a gun that fits me more naturally.

I choose my guns (and handguns in particular) on how they fit ME... not how they fit YOU, and not on how much their marketing department has conviced other people how infallable they supposedly are.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    when did this become the classified section? If you want to sell/trade something, post an ad already. FWIW, I'd sell the GLOCK® and I like GLOCKs.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Checked the rear sights on the Glock 43 and the were off center. Borrowed my buddy's rear sight tool and centered them. I will see if it makes a difference next time I go out to the range.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Checked the rear sights on the Glock 43 and the were off center. Borrowed my buddy's rear sight tool and centered them. I will see if it makes a difference next time I go out to the range.
    Make sure to bring it to the meet on the 2nd if you still have it by then

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I will. I am trying to figure out which guns I want to bring to the meet lol.
    Bring them all. And bring stuff you want to sell or trade. I hope the g43 ends up working out for you. If not the kimber and the g43 have good resale/trade value

Top Bottom